LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 12-23-2001, 08:25 PM   #1
Art Buchanan

Default Circle S mark on Luger Receivers

I have asked this question previously without response. Jan Still pictures Lugers with this mark and says "meaning unknown" Costanzo says Simson rework. With recent blast of Costanzos work on forum---Did he invent this to authenticate some Luger or does Still just not know? What do you think? Any other theory? Iam interested in comments based on some research to dispute Simson theory. Not just spectulation and wild guesses. I have Lugers with this mark. Does anyone else? I am still awaiting something to confirm that Costanzo's World of Proof Marks has a bunch of invented info and inaccurate information? Or was the recent put down of his book just a put down to the man? One responder promised to post inaccuracies in Constanzo's book and another contacted me directly who was concerned about liability, but would send info directly. As yet no info has surfaced to me to dispute Constanzo's World of Lugers proof mark book. If inaccuracies exist in the book; I suggest that those who have documented info and research to dispute parts of the info come forward in a respectful manner with back up research and let the Luger world know the latest.

Unread 12-23-2001, 08:51 PM   #2
bill m
User

Default Simson Rework Mark (EOM)

Unread 12-23-2001, 11:27 PM   #3
Hugh
RIP

Default Re: Circle S mark on Luger Receivers

Art,

I don't have a Luger with this mark. I saw one at a gunshow in Houston Saturday. It was a 1918/1920 DWM that had been rebuilt by the Russians. (Had the big X on the side), terrible buffing job and bright black dip blue. Most of the small parts had been restamped with the "matching" serial number. When I asked to see it, owner began telling me that it was all matching inside and was in "mint" condition. I mentioned that it was a refinished recent import and he got very irate with me; stating that it had come out of a collection that he had recently bought, and the only refinishing was done when it was reworked in 1920. I pointed out to him that 1920 was a property stamp, and that the gun should have a rust blue and strawed parts, then I left. You can't argue with some peoples ignorance, especially those that don't want to learn. Never found out how much he wanted for it!

Unread 12-24-2001, 01:01 AM   #4
Doug
User

Default Like this?

What a turd this gun is! Cold blue is thinning and looks crappy. It is a 1918 Erfurt reworked for the police.

http://www.cityscape.net/~dgeorge/S.JPG
Unread 12-24-2001, 12:16 PM   #5
Art Buchanan

Default Re: Like this?

Yep- that is the mark. My 2 lugers are not turds. All match incl. mags[one is schmeisser marked] double dates, 90% or better. One is Germany stamped above rec. ser.# which is 5 digit#. One with sear safe. Both cut for mag safe. Not Russian Lugers. One is known to be ww2 bring back. Still waiting for info on what is wrong with Costanso's book???!!!!

Unread 12-24-2001, 07:32 PM   #6
BILL
User

Default Re: Circle S mark on Luger Receivers

Hugh, I have talked to that same guy (we all have, I think). It makes you want to demonstrate the hard part of the Luger butt on their undersized heads but..since it is Christmas time, well, we have to act festive and jolly, yanno? Those guys don't want to learn and don't care what they have to invent to get someone's money.

Unread 12-25-2001, 02:02 AM   #7
Sam Buscemi

Default Re: Like this?

Do you want to sell this turd? Let me know. I need an imperial era with serial ending in 39 for it's parts.