LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
mauro
FIREARM HISTORIAN AND AUT

Default Paul Mauser Private Archive

Dear Fellows,
Around one year and half ago, I had the opportunity of buying in Oberndorf part of the personal archive of Paul Mauser.
The archive is composed by different types of documents, diaries, letters, telegram, blueprints, contracts...
These documents are unique and irreplaceable; reading and analysing them is a great honour and a fascinating experience.
With Gerben we started an in-deep analysis of all the documents finalised to the publication of a book about all this material.
Most of the archive is today digitalized and properly organized.
Gerben did and is doing an incredible work, reading and interpreting the old German and the handwritten calligraphy of Paul Mauser.
We are now collaborating with institutions (Waffen Museum in Oberndorf) and collectors in Germany that have others parts of the archive to share as much as we can the information from the different parts, reconstituting the entire set...
After more than one year of analysis of the documents we have prepared a web site that is summarizing the results achieved and the techniques used to manage this material:
www.paul-mauser-archive.com
The web site is today providing some documents from my archive. The amount of documents prevents the possibility of using a web site to publish the entire material. However it is a nice tool to demonstrate the potential of this study.
The web site will be updated with additional parts from the Waffen Museum and others collectors when they will become available, possibly next year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paul Mauser Private Archive.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	22186

We are happy sharing this archive with all the fellow collectors.
I hope you appreciate the effort.
I would like to thanks Edward Tinker and Giuliano Alfinito that check the web site consistency and help a lot with the translation.
Enjoy.
Mauro & Gerben