LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 08-08-2004, 03:12 PM   #1
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,281 Times in 423 Posts
Post Early Commercial Luger Survey--another call

Another call for information for my early Commercial serial# Lugers. I have received a log of good information, but am still on the lookout for more.

I'm looking for information on all Commercially numbered Lugers from #1 into the 75000 serial numger range (where the c/N marking shifted from Lazy to Upright). Includes all Commercial, American Eagle (including Test Eagles), Bugarian, and Swiss Commercial (but -not- the Swiss military contract), French commercial, Navy Commercials, German and Dutch test, 08 Commercials, early 14 Commercials, anything else anyone comes up with.

The information I need is:

Model
Proof mark, or its absence
Swiss cross present on barrel, or not
Grip safety lever, narrow (half grip strap width) or wide
thumb safety type, 1 (flat, checkered); 2 (raised, checkered); 3 (raised, grooved)
serial# placement on takedown lever--right end, face, or under
stamped GERMANY or not
caliber
any noteworthy characteristics
production date information if available

I know that not all this information is applicable to all models, but I need the entire list for completeness.

The results so far are proving to be very interesting. I find that I am particularly desirous of information in the 1000-2000 range, 7000-8000 range, 10000-11000 range, 22000-23000 range, and 48000-53000 range--interesting things seem to be hapening these places.

I have no data in the 15000-18000 and 49000-51000 ranges, and very skimpy--one or two samples--in many other ranges.

If you haven't already, now is the time to drag your early Commercially numbered Lugers out of the safe and make them known.

Please send me your information at dwightg@pacifier.com or post it here. As always, I will maintain the anonymity of ownership.

Everyone has my continued thanks for your participation, I'm finding the results will be pretty interesting.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote