LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Unread 07-24-2002, 10:57 PM   #1
Don Francis
New User

Post ID?

Iâ??m interested in buying this Luger from a friend. He had shown it to me many years ago and I did a little research at the time. Donâ??t remember exactly what I found out but I think it was a commercial Model 1906.
DWM 7.65cal., serial number just over 66000, 1913 I believe. Marked Germany just under the serial number on the front of the frame so a US import, matching numbers. The one big problem is its been refinished, still has some spots of heavy pitting. Can anyone confirm my ID and what would be a fair price?
Don Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2002, 05:57 AM   #2
Edmond , DCB shooting
User

Hi, looks exactly like a 1906, funny look of grips that look plastic, because of the light?. from my books, a lot were imported in USA before WW1, both in short and long frames and many had the american eagle on the chamber , esp those imported by MR Hans Tauscher, distributor of DWM.
Unread 07-25-2002, 11:27 AM   #3
Doug G.
User

Definitely a 1906 commercial is it an American Eagle? I would say value wise you should try to get into this gun at no more than $600-700 if all matching and assuming a good bore. Heavy pitting and a refinish (hot salt) make this gun no more than a shooter.