LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Unread 06-08-2002, 09:02 PM   #1
front sight
User

Question Reload Recipe

Well, gang. This is the shooting and reloading section. What sort recipies do people like to shoot from their 4" Luger? So far, I've only shot 115gr store-bought stuff, since I have my Luger, and a High Power, both in 9mm (the S&W 6906 doesn't count), I thought I might look into reloading 9mm.

Thanks,

Jim
Unread 06-08-2002, 09:33 PM   #2
Lonnie Zimmerman
User

Jim; I load 6gr of Unique with a 115 gr Win JHP seated to an oal of 1.150 in all my Lugers and P.38"s.
Lonnie
Unread 06-09-2002, 01:16 PM   #3
kidvett
User

Cool

I am using something around 8 grs of BLUE DOT with a 125gr FMJ, std primers & Federal brass. It's a heavy load that I work up carefully for each gun...Very good accuracy up to 50 yds...HERCO powder also gave me good results. Stay with a heavy bullet 115-125grs to give enough OOMPH! to cycle properly....Otherwise you'll be in JAM WORLD with all sort of things like stovepipes, faillure to cycle, etc....
kidvett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2002, 03:23 PM   #4
Thor
User

Thumbs up

I shot this blue dot load in a recent Arty test, wow, powerful and BBOOOOOOOOMMMMM a deep bboomer. I think a little extra is especially important in the Artys where the recoil energy not only has to over come the spring, but the mass of the barrel assembly as well. This is a good load in shooter Artys. Thor
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2002, 09:48 PM   #5
front sight
User

Exclamation

Thanks for all the good stuff, guys!

That looks like enough to chew on for a while!
Unread 06-26-2002, 09:30 PM   #6
MarkC
User

I have my load record book in front of me and thought I should share a few of my "pet" loads.

115g FMJ Weidners Hollow Base with OAL 1.120 and 6.7 grains of Power Pistol (This powder is great for 9mm and .45 ACP) ..... 1230fps on the chronograph at 8 feet from the barrel. 65 degrees F indoors in a Sig 226. Hot round not to be used in a questionable gun!!! STD of 10 after 30 shots, very accurate in all of my quality 9mm's.

Also, if you shoot lead, which most Lugers will do. 125 NEBC (New England Bullet Company, pure linotype from Russia, actually weighs less because of the purity of linotype) high hardness on Rockwell, you can not scratch it with a fingernail !!!

4.9 grains of Unique at 1.120 OAL for 1091 fps on a cronograph, 8' from the barrel same conditions as obove. 30 shots. std of 12, nice. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Have fun, be safe.
MarkC is offline   Reply With Quote