LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 08-24-2002, 08:40 AM   #1
Rick W.
User

Post Luger number help

i
Rick W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2002, 08:25 PM   #2
Joe KY
User

Hi Rick,

From what I've seen lately, the price range your thinking about seems a little low. Thor had a post over in the restoration section where he said he just received a "shooter" to rework (that had quite a bit of pitting) and I belive he said the fellow paid $650 (a little to high). I just bought a 1916 Erfurt matching #s minus the mag (which is era correct) and 1914 holster with correct takedown tool, for $500. Bad thing is, the left side of the pistol has some moderate to severe pitting. I plan on just shooting it for a while then 1st of the year, if Santa is good, send it off to Thor. From the pictures you've posted, (IMHO) I would think $500 - $600 would be more in line. On a side note, have you been out shooting any of those SS lugers lately? I sure enjoy my Mitchell.

Take care, Joe
Joe KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2002, 09:22 PM   #3
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts
Those are pretty nice guns to be selling so cheap! $500 would not be out of line, and very likely you could get even more. The Navy top is probably worth what you are thinking about asking for a whole gun!
Unread 08-25-2002, 10:30 AM   #4
Hugh
RIP

Talking

Rick & Joe,

Went to a small local gun show Saturday. The only Luger there was a Stainless "Volquartson Special". The barrel had been replaced with a heavy fluted 6" stainless one. I don't know what else had been done to it, as I was scared off by the price. It was in a nice fitted wooden case, and I believe the asking was around $1200-$1500. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
Unread 08-25-2002, 12:42 PM   #5
Roadkill
User

http://www.volquartsen.com/STORE/def...r+MKII+Pistols

Here's their website, no lugers.

RK
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2002, 12:13 PM   #6
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,611 Times in 525 Posts
Rick, you may or may not have noticed that when you receive notification of a private message that the message itself is included with the notification. That means the receiver can read what you've written without opening their private message and only by opening it will you be notified that it's been read. It's more than likely that all of your messages have actually been read.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2002, 01:45 PM   #7
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
What you guys said is true. I think it is also true that most folks aren't reading the info that comes with a private message email notification.

YOU CAN'T REPLY to a private message email notification... because it will go no where. The only way to reply to a private message is by logging on to the forum and sending a private message in return.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote