LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
LWaali
User

Default Process of buying and selling?

I have looked for a sticky on this but did not find one. Please excuse me if I missed it and this has been rehashed a million times.

I just read the ripped-off-in-Miami post. When I am ready to sell part of my collection, what is the best process to protect both seller and buyer?

I have a current online subscription for the Blue Book of Gun Values and it does not seem nearly as accurate and descriptive as they used to be. Is BB still the most used source for valuing?

I am assuming, for the protection of both parties, that all transfers of long or hand guns should go through a retail FFL, even if the buyer is a c&r holder? Would the seller (me) need to be a c&r holder also?

What is a reasonable rate for a retail fll to charge? I made some calls here and the rate appears to be from $30 to $75.. seems too wide of a range so is one trying to rip off people or is the other dodgy?

Several of what I want to sell might in in the $1,000 range. Is it worth getting them appraised? How can I tell if a dealer in my area is actually good at appraising? (That may have sounded like a silly question but most of the shops around here have guns for sale that have been 'described incorrectly' in their display cases (meaning out right fraud in some cases).

Thanks for anyone with the time to reply!
Linda

Last edited by LWaali; 10-12-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added information
LWaali is offline   Reply With Quote