LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 10-16-2019, 12:25 AM   #1
luger1
User

Default Cased P-38 Question in 7.63

Have a P-38 Commercial in the 300,000 serial number range with no import markings, only the Walther markings. In is in a black, hard case with a red velvet and satin lining. No date stamp. Caliber is 30 Luger. Any held would be appreciated. Thanks.
luger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2019, 02:48 AM   #2
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,611 Times in 525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luger1 View Post
Have a P-38 Commercial in the 300,000 serial number range with no import markings, only the Walther markings. In is in a black, hard case with a red velvet and satin lining. No date stamp. Caliber is 30 Luger. Any held would be appreciated. Thanks.
If you look on the left side of the trigger guard just below the frame serial number, you should see two digits and likely a set of antlers. Below that may be a Crown/N stamp.

The two digits - likely 73 - is the year it was made; i.e., 1973. The antlers show that it was proofed at the Ulm proof house and the C/N stamp is the commercial proof.

If your date or proof house is different, the marks will be different.

Mine is in a brown cardboard box with all papers, test target and is new & un-fired after leaving the factory. Mine is in the 348,000 range. It was imported by Interarms.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2019, 11:49 AM   #3
luger1
User

The only proof is on the eagle over the N. The serial number is on the slide, not the frame. There is no date on the trigger guard. The caliber is stamped on the front of the barrel. No import markings. There are two (2) circles, one on the slide next to the Walther banner, and one on the frame, next to the trigger.

Any thoughts?
luger1 is offline   Reply With Quote