LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-08-2002, 06:34 PM   #1
66mustang

Default Gun Shop from Heaven?

hello all;

normally I wouldn't talk a bout a gun shop, but this one had all kinds of cool guns. It is in Bellevue Nebraska, and you can't just buy a gun off the shelf, you have to have a permit. Three Lugers, all 9 mm, each this is what is marked on the tag, one a commerical, no marking on the top for date, matching at first glance, 8 inch barrel $1,395, very nice shape, they said it wasn't a reblue, but it looks like one to me. A mismatch, in okay shape, well, okay might be stretching it, for $650 and a Weimar Police Proofed 1920, 4 inch, serial 9382a marked 1920 and DWM, for $825, seems like it is probably 85% and has some strawing left in pretty good shape. The last one was the one I liked.

They had all kinds of nomral guns, a chromed Dreyse for $395! And a blued one like mine for $165? Guess the chrome makes it special? Then a nice .45 Colt double action, probably from the early 1900-1920 era. Lots of Winchesters.

I bought a box of 25 French made 9 mm marked 25 Cartouchees, J Petavy Aro Paris for $5.25, then bought some old Peters .22 for $4.00 standard velocity the green boxed ones, and $8.00 for high velocity, the blue boxed ones. Then they had a bunch of the 20 cartridges hand written 28, so I think they are from 1928, the boxes are sealed, say, Powder, bulls eye no 2 army lot 91 Frankford Arsenal. They were $15 each, i am tempted to get more, they had 3 or 4 more. Plus some from the 30's that had just the bullet heads? I had never seen those before, same size as the 20 rounders, but have 40 bullets.

so, it was a nice afternoon,

ed

Unread 04-09-2002, 11:10 AM   #2
TIMOTHY CANNEY

Default Re: Gun Shop from Heaven?

There are no Gun shops in Heaven. Everyone owns an original Cartridge Counter, 1907 Test Luger, .45 cal Luger, and all the ammo he or she can shoot. There is no worry about shooting someone by accident because everyone is a safe and proficient shot with all rounds in the bullseye. You can shoot all day long and Georg is there to answer all your questions! Pretty cool isn't it!!!!!!!

Till next time,

Timothy Canney

Unread 04-10-2002, 06:02 PM   #3
Brandon Metcalf

Default Is it really so hard to just say GEORG Luger &g</strong>
			</div>
			<hr size=
Man I get sooooooo MAD when these So called know it alls

Get Georg Luger's name wrong! I was in Books A Million the other day taking a glance through the WWII history books

and I picked up this Book I forget the title but it gave a little info about weapons and such, So I thumbed over to Luger and it said "this pistol was invinted by George Luger" I red that far and closed the book and quietly placed it back on the shelf (allthough Enraged). Next time this person writes a book I wish he'd do his homework!

Anybody else feel this way?

............ Brandon

Unread 04-10-2002, 06:16 PM   #4
Thor
User

Default Re: Is it really so hard to just say GEORG Luger

Brandon, how about spelling it Lugar, that is very common, or not captilizing a person's last name like "luger" or LOOGER. Stuff drives me nuts too! Thor

Unread 04-10-2002, 07:42 PM   #5
Brandon Metcalf

Default HEY Thor!

I've saw it all Lugar,Looger,P-09,George,Lugger! If I ever here someone Say any of those again I'm gonna Scream "THE P-08 WAS INVINTED BY GEORG LUGER IS THAT SO HARD TO REMEMBER"!

Or am I just parinoid?

...Brandon

Unread 04-10-2002, 08:23 PM   #6
66mustang

Default Now, now, if they come asking questions

they need "help"

Unread 04-11-2002, 11:48 AM   #7
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default You're not paranoid Brandon, you just think everyone thinks you are
LOL - Sorry Brandon, I couldn't help myself... that is a recycled joke about John McCain by Rush Limbaugh...

Have a great day... -John

Unread 04-11-2002, 11:57 AM   #8
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default BTW, Brandon, what ever happened about the so-called Hitler luger?

Did you ever convince the dealer to show it to you?

Inquiring minds want to know

-John

Unread 04-11-2002, 03:17 PM   #9
Brandon Metcalf

Default Re: BTW, Brandon, what ever happened about the so-called Hitler luger?

To tell you the truth I haven't been backto see Him I just havent had the time (busy,busy,busy) Maybe Next week! I'll let you know! BTW Cool Joke!

Unread 04-11-2002, 03:36 PM   #10
Brandon Metcalf

Default Plus He's Located About 60-70 miles from where I live