LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 09-10-2001, 10:09 PM   #1
Rick K
User

Default Band Of Brothers

I watched the premiere of HBO's "Band Of Brothers" last night. It's the story of Easy Company in WWII. There's a G.I. in it whose mission seems to be to get his hands on a Luger no matter what. He almost gets killed when he runs out into this field during a firefight to check a dead German officer to see if he has a Luger. I have a feeling this theme will run for a while through the mini series. Maybe we'll get to see several Lugers!

Unread 09-10-2001, 10:16 PM   #2
Matt
User

Default Re: Band Of Brothers

I wish I had HBO. I started to subscribe just to watch this series. My brother says he is taping it, so I'll have to borrow the tapes from him. It sure sounds good so far. The Luger was the most popular war trophy. Preferably captured from an officer of course.

Unread 09-11-2001, 12:00 AM   #3
Johnny Peppers
User

No, no! They were always nickel plated.

Unread 09-11-2001, 12:01 AM   #4
lawrence fredrick klang

if this souvenir hunter was a member of your squad or your platoon in easy company how would you feel about him after this little escapade? maybe the rest of easy company should all chip in and buy him his luger. lawrence

Unread 09-11-2001, 01:02 AM   #5
BILL
User

The premier has a pretty nice display of a Brit dressed as a nazi pulling the clip from a Luger, cocking it and letting the toggle 'snap' back in place..probably one of the best I have seen in a movie or on TV..how many times have you seen a clip removed or one actually cocked? The report that said we wouldn't be seeing much in the line of German soldiers or Lugers was quite mistaken. So far it could easily rival 'Saving Private Ryan' (not surprising since the executive directors are Tom Hanks and Steven Speilberg).

Unread 09-11-2001, 10:04 AM   #6
Don
User

Yes, I saw him work the action too. But as a native Texan, I couldn't understand what he was saying. Did anybody here understand what the Brits were doing in Werhmacht uniforms?

The scene also raises another interesting point: Was that a prop Luger or a real one? Every day on eBay there are props offered for sale, and one company apparently just sells off surplus Hollywood props. The photos make them look pretty good. So I wonder, over the years, how many non-firing roles have been played by rubber dummies? (Of course you could ask the same question about some of the actors.)

Unread 09-12-2001, 10:38 AM   #7
Thor
User

Watched part of PART TWO and really enjoyed it! They guy running around trying to take a Luger souvenir was nuts, my dad picked up a lot of Lugers but he always waited until the fight was over. I am wondering if the entire series will be available as in VHS/DVD Does HBO normally offer copies of their miniseries? Thor

Unread 09-13-2001, 04:45 AM   #8
Big Norm
RIP

I was wondering the same thing as Thor. I am not on HBO but I would like to see this particular show. It sounds interesting. Why can't regular TV have shows this good? I can't remember the last time I watched anything but football on the so called major stations.

Big Norm

Unread 09-13-2001, 12:08 PM   #9
BobL

It quite possibly will show up on commericial TV after it runs on HBO. They have done that before. It will depend on how much a network is willing to pay for the rights.

Unread 09-13-2001, 02:07 PM   #10
Luke
User

Default Anyone have schedule of future episodes? (EOM)

Unread 09-17-2001, 11:11 PM   #11
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Luje, the best you can do is go to HBO.com (EOM)

Unread 09-17-2001, 11:32 PM   #12
BILL
User

Default Re: Luje, the best you can do is go to HBO.com

Excellent suggestion. http://www.hbo.com has trailers and timelines, also synopses of the episodes and schedules of when it is originally airing and repeat broadcasts. Check it out.