LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 02-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #21
William Hull
User

From March 2011, same pistol?

http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthre...auser+pressure

William

more info

http://luger.gunboards.com/showthrea...auser+pressure

Last edited by William Hull; 02-07-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: add
William Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #22
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

YES...............

Look at the "L" on the grip, (corresponding to the "LW" on the frame), which a subsequent owner converted to an "E" with a pocket knife. Look at ALL with markings carved into the wood grips. This is CLEARLY the same pistol.
The current owner may not wish to confirm what he actually paid for it, but it is the same pistol advertised by Jackson Arms.
alanint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #23
240to1919
User

No I did not pay the advertised gunbroker price. The price was bumped up to cover the cost of the auction site. I paid less than 10 for it. If wanted to ask someone's opinion as to what they think its worth then you don't lead with "oh by the way I paid this much for it... Now what do you think it's worth" I wanted an untainted opinion that is all. Lets get back to the original meaning of the post... I wanted to see what you guys would say about it so I could have an honest 3rd party opinion of the pistol. I know some if not most of you have your feels about Jackson's one way or another. I forgot to crop out their card... Again I wanted an untainted opinion about the pistol strictly based on what it is and not where it came from.
240to1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #24
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

Bryan, I have nothing but a warm fuzzy feeling for Jackson Armory and no animus whatever towards them. That being the case I think less than 10 is about 7-8 grand more than what one would be worth to me. But I have no passion for this rare pistol. It is rare and historical..that much is certain. You paid what you believe it was worth to you and that's hard to criticize.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #25
240to1919
User

Jerry,
That's exactly it. I'm not trying to 'flip it' or hock it. I was just excited like I posted before about seeing this pistol years before in a book and just happen to come across it years later. I was just looking for the opinion of the webs resident experts on Lugers. The chances that I would remember the pistol ( I have memory problems because of a TBI ) then come across it is crazy... I still get butterflies thinking about it. I appreciate the help I have received from everyone and if anyone has anything else they can add to it or inform me on this pistol I would be very greatful.
Bryan
240to1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #26
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,591 Times in 930 Posts

Hi Brian, A belated welcome to the forum! I want to thank you for posting this interesting gun. While it's certainly true that it's very rare, it's also very easy to fake, which is why it's provenance is so important. While Jackson Arms may not have a reputation for bargains, as far as i know no one has accused them of selling fakes. If this gun had originated from some other sources, that I can't name, it would be another matter.
As to value, although as I said earlier, this gun is rare, collectors who are looking for this variation are rare also. I imagine that if you tried to resell it you could get 2 to 3 thousand, but if you tried to replace it you might have to pay over 10.
Regards, Norm
Norme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #27
JRC
New User

interesting read
JRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #28
RC20
User

The only answer is put it up for sale and see what happens.

As that has been done, you know currently worth under 2k (you were the only one that actually paid any money for it, you did not bid, no one else offered that, so as a subset of one you did not set the value but bought it on speculation (its not collectible until there is a market).

If it shoots we know its worth maybe $600 to $750. Thats its present known value.

What it might do in the future, anyone's guess.

Values are based in what people want. There is no inherent value like an ounce of gold.
If interest goes away the most rare gun in the world is worth nothing. If suddenly people want old test guns then it goes up. Obviously that has not happened.

If there is no interest , the bottom line is its value is that of a shooter. Under 1k for sure.
RC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #29
Ben M.
User

seller's ad from their site

http://www.jacksonarmory.com/JA/hand...hp?mainID=8368
Ben M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #30
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

How about some helpful answers instead of 'its at a shooter price'. As someone who likes unusual guns, many times it takes a hard core / unusual collector to see something rare (also makes it harder to sell later), but the answers I have seen here range from 'its a shooter' to blah, blah about Jackson Armory to its fairly rare. Its a fact of life that a unusual gun is going to cost more, but yes, have many fewer buyers.

I don't really know, but I have noticed the last few months that there is less helpful answers than the feeling that some guys are more concerned with less than helpful answers and being funny, at the owners expense.
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 members says Thank You to Edward Tinker for your post:
Unread 02-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #31
Curly1
User

You have something in your collection now that is unique.

If it makes you happy to have it then you paid the right price so enjoy. You probably would not find another.

Who knows where the market will take it down the line if you decide to sell.

Gary
Curly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #32
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,426 Posts

Most of the things I buy are not with re sale in mind. I buy em cause I want em. Likely my heirs will have to suffer their rise or fall.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #33
JTD
User

Ed, and Jerry have both hit the nail on the head here. I have noticed several on this forum that were asking the most basic questions here a year or two ago, offering some pretty techinical advise on fairly rare pieces here on the forum. I may not voice my opinion here enough at times, but it is because people with more knowledge and years experiance under their belt will state pure fact on a particular item. I sit back and learn from some of the best in our hobby. (or is it a sickness at times) There are many on the two forums that should be teaching at a university. I fear giving an answer to a newcomer that is only partially right, or incomplete, and send them down the wrong path. All opinions are a good thing here, but should state it is an opinion, not expert advise. Their is no offense intended to anyone here, but would hate to see this forum go the way of many others out there on the net.

John
JTD is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to JTD for your post:
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #34
cake1979
New User

Truly a fascinating story and a truly historic pistol. At its most basic, it's nothing more than a mismatched shooter. But, unlike every other mismatched shooter you see on the interweb, just try to replace this one.

As any collector of anything knows, the price paid doesn't just reflect market value, it reflects personal value. I've paid a bit much for several items just because I really wanted them or because their value to me was worth more than a dollar amount.

Overall, a cool find. Does anyone know of the other examples? Do they still exist?
cake1979 is offline   Reply With Quote