LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 09-18-2007, 11:46 PM   #1
54gullwing
User

Default Getting ready for my first luger

Hello all,
I know looking for my first luger. I have decided on a DWM around 1918. What do all fo you think, good decision or not? Thanks to all this is a great board and resource.
54gullwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 01:42 AM   #2
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts

Great decision! Imperial era Lugers...gotta love 'em! (Kindly observe my "signature")
Unread 09-19-2007, 03:28 AM   #3
LugerVern
User

Good decision, as Ron says. Some of the least expensive because of the number produced but as a late war guns some can be found in very nice condition.

Everyone has their favorite style of luger and my guess you may get several answers to your question.

Every variation is collectible, pick one that leaves a sparkle in your eye, and you will be happy with your purchase.

If you are doing the collector thing, then condition and all matching is a must, but if what youâ??re after is a gun to shoot this opens dozens of doors and also reduces the costs.
If you plan on having a shooter in your collection, I would go ahead and do that firstâ??otherwise youâ??re going to have a hard time not shooting that collector gun, this gives you time to learn about lugers and have some fun at the rangeâ??nothing wrong with shooters.

Vern
LugerVern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 09:30 PM   #4
54gullwing
User

Thanks Ron and Vern, something about the imperial a DWM after reading alot of the books and research just draws me to that era. I think im going to go for the all matching gun first then the shooter. I think about $2000 should get me a very nice imperail to keep and enjoy for a very very long time. Thanks again, this is a great board with a ton of really nice people.
54gullwing is offline   Reply With Quote