LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 09-19-2001, 12:47 AM   #21
bill m
User

Default Re: DWM Luger

Hi,

In my above post on the grips I was referring to the "sneak" models which were either police or military. I believe the DWM commercial models of 1920 and 1923 also had blank grips, but that is not what I collect so I am not positive. The ones I have are blank though.

In the 20's a lot of Lugers were reworked for the military and Police. The sear and magazine safetys were added in the early 30's, which means the grips could very well have been numbered to the gun then, or replaced with blank grips at this time. The size of the numbers vary depending on the time they were added, and the police depot that did the work. There is nothing to indicate that the size of the numbers relate to any time table that I am aware of.

Unread 09-20-2001, 04:16 AM   #22
David Jackson
User

Default Re: Swiss refinish?

As I mentioned before, and as I think others have mentioned on this forum; probably the most comprehensive source of info on Swiss Parabellum pistols is the book called

"PARABELLUM" by Vittorio Bobba. It was published in 1996 by Priuli&Verlucca, editori in Torino, Italy. I have seen this book for sale on ebay, as I recall; from time to time.

This is a full size book with over 200 pages and absolutely outstanding photos. If anyone contemplates the purchase of one or more of these pistols I would think this book is a must have item.