LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 03-21-2005, 09:14 PM   #1
Doug G.
User

Default Original Mauser Carbine at auction

You don't see these too often for sale. I wonder what the reserve is?

LUGER CARBINE
Doug G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2005, 12:45 PM   #2
mauro
FIREARM HISTORIAN AND AUT

Doug,
A dream for all Mauser Parabellum enthusiasts!!
Thank you for the information.
Ciao
Mauro
Unread 03-22-2005, 01:27 PM   #3
jl7422
User

I'm a little confused about the transfer requirements for these Mauser commemorative carbines. . .wouldn't this carbine require transfer through a Class 3 dealer as an SBR? (Provided the buyer is not a C&R license holder).

I know that original 02/20 carbines with their stocks are classified curio and relics (not considered short barrelled rifles) and that these Mauser models are not in the same C&R category. Are C&R holders allowed to receive these carbines? What restrictions would they have?
thanks,
John
jl7422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2005, 04:02 PM   #4
Doug G.
User

If you click the link and scroll down to the Luger section you will find this. These are not classified as SBR's. As far a California law I don't know!

SECTION II: Firearms Classified As Curios Or Relics Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44
The Bureau has determined that the following firearms are curios or relics as defined in 27 CFR 178.11 because they fall within one of the categories specified in the regulations.

Such determination merely classifies the firearms as curios or relics and thereby authorizes licensed collectors to acquire, hold, or dispose of them as curios or relics subject to the provisions of 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44 and the regulations in 27 CFR Part 178. They are still "firearms" as defined in 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44.

Luger, Model 1902 Cartridge Counter, Mauser commercial, semiautomatic pistol, cal. 9mm, mfd. 1982.
Luger, pistol, all models and variations mfd. prior to 1946.
Luger, Mauser commercial manufacture, semiautomatic pistol, 70 Jahre, Parabellum-Pistole, Kelsoreich Russiand, commemorative, cal. 9mm.
Luger, Mauser commercial manufacture, semiautomatic pistol, 76 Jahre, Parabellum-Pistole, 1900-1975, commemorative, cal. 7.65mm.
Luger, Mauser commercial manufacture, semiautomatic pistol, 75 Jahre, Parabellum-Pistole, Konigreich Bulgarian, commemorative, caliber 7.65mm.
Luger, Mauser Parabellum, semiautomatic pistol, 7.65mm or 9mm Luger, 4 and 6" barrel, Swiss pattern with grip safety and the American Eagle stamped on the receiver; made from 1970 to 1978.

Cureo & Relic list
Doug G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2005, 06:54 PM   #5
jl7422
User

Thanks Doug,

In re-reading my earlier post, I realize that perhaps I did not make my question(s) clear: I understand that the Mauser Parabellum commeratives that you listed, along with the Swiss models produced in the 70's are considered C&R weapons. And, since they obviously do not have shoulder stocks, they would not be considered short barrelled rifles --even in California. . .

My confusion is specifically regarding the Mauser Commerative Karabiner model--70's production:

I find the listing for the '70's Mauser Commerative Carbine (along with machine guns and various SBR's) under this heading in the C&R list:

SECTION IV: National Firearms Act Weapons Classified As Curios Or Relics Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44
The Bureau has determined that the following National Firearms Act weapons are curios or relics as defined in 27 CFR 178.11 because of their dates of manufacture. These National Firearms Act weapons, classified as curios or relics, are still subject to all the controls under the National Firearms Act. However, licensed collectors may acquire, hold, or dispose of them as curios or relics subject to the provisions of 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44 and 27 CFR Part 178. They are still "firearms" as defined in the National Firearms Act and 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44.

Luger, Mauser commercial manufacture, semiautomatic pistol, 75 Jahre, Parabellum-Pistol, Mod. Karabiner, Commemorative, caliber 9mm, accompanied by a carbine type shoulder stock

Would a C&R holder be allowed to aquire a Mauser Karabiner directly, without going through a Class 3 dealer? Must they purchase the $200 tax stamp and process the paperwork required for a class 3 weapon's transfer?

Regarding my specific location; California residents are allowed to "import" into the state (through transfer via an FFL dealer) handguns listed on the federal C&R list. . . yet it is my understanding that the state does not allow private ownership of Class 3 weapons including SBR's. . .

Hope I didn't add to the confusion. . .and again, thanks
John
jl7422 is offline   Reply With Quote