LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Unread 05-24-2007, 07:37 PM   #41
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

Ron, in your spare time, could youhelps publish a new book on 'Americas', Lugers. Now, more then ever is need, as evidenced by the conflicting opinions, as evedinced in the above thread, Education is fueled by debate, and this debate concerned one luger and one holster. i admit, I learned more in one thread, than in any article. Some one is needed now,to sort and copile, so our question may be answered by reading one opinion or advice.A it can be fun, to boot. more than ever to compile and publish,what we now know, what we need to find out.and to maybe to finally publish a Hardbound Presentation Book, similar to Jans,' in which we all can contribute, I sure your fellow, ''Luger Duders, ' would love to contribute, Myself can attest how much fun ive had reading your opinions, and often, defending mine. in just cursely researching my test luger and holster. I never appeciated, how a sigle firearm did more to bring those together to learn, rather than distroy, I welcome all your input, Eric J Bruning, BA, JD,
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 08:14 PM   #42
drbuster
User

Great idea Eric, but practically it is very difficult, time consuming and very expensive to write and publish such a book. I would be amazed if Ron would do it admitting he has the knowledge to do so. One has just so much time and such an undertaking might consume even a talent like Ron Wood.
drbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2007, 05:31 AM   #43
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

IT dawned on me, who needs to write another book on this subject, when we haveup to date research and findings, at no cost to any reader, Thank you guys,
Unread 05-25-2007, 10:25 AM   #44
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts

Thank you guys for the kind comments. Actually, what is known about the U.S. Test Trial Lugers is covered quite well in Reeseâ??s book, Jan Stillâ??s â??Imperial Lugersâ?, and Scott Meadowâ??s â??U.S. Military Automatic Pistolsâ?. What is not known is the actual serial numbers of the Lugers delivered to the Army. Unless some long-lost document in the Army archives surfaces that provides this information it will always be a matter of mystery and conjecture. Jan is including a section on the US Test Lugers in his new book and I have written a small bit that addresses numbers that will be included (unless it has fallen victim to last minute editing!).

By the way, in an earlier post about the Test holster, I wrote that the El Paso Saddlery repro lacked a sight pad. This was in error and I deleted it from the post (shouldnâ??t post stuff when I am away from home). The pad is actually at the trigger guard side of the holster and reinforces that area from tear-out. I donâ??t recall if the EPS holster has that feature or not, but I believe it might...it really is an excellent copy.
Unread 05-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #45
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Eric, I just purchase the hl assesories download, Yes it was simular to mine thne shown, and there appear to be two different holsters, although, It lacked the flap inituals, The simularity end there, I held mine next to theirs and the appear to be two differend holster, take a look, "the plot thickens"It also has an attached lanyard, Desperatly seeking uniformity.
Unread 05-25-2007, 12:53 PM   #46
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Ron, I commend on your reseach, however, You used a term, I am unfamiliar with. As a holster neophyte, I would like to use, a new word, in the proper context,You made a reference to a 'sight pad', Youve got me stumped, and I own one. My Mother made me learn a word almost every day. TTks
Unread 05-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #47
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts

I deleted the reference to a sight pad as it was in error...there is none in a Test holster. I was away from home and I had not correctly recalled where the pad is in the holster. I have seen reinforcing pads sewn inside of other auto holsters to protect the rear sight and prevent the sight from wearing through the holster, so as I was trying to recall the construction of the holster I falsely stated it was in the area of the rear sight. However, on the Test holster, since it is not welted along the seam, the reinforcing strip is sewn inside the holster at the trigger guard area to take up the strain on the seam so the stitching will not pull out or tear the leather.
Unread 05-26-2007, 07:00 AM   #48
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thank Ron and Ed, who have given me more support following my stroke and coma, five years ago, in Costa Rico, then any doctor or medication, Your unbriddled patience, restored my pride, dignity, better than any pill or psychiatrist. =For, I have learned, that human dignity can be restored or destroyed with one word, as deadly as any bullet. I thank you both and your fellow, 'LUGER DO GOODERS and all those, all of you, especially those of you who have asked the questions, and gave thought to the answers God Bless. Eric, Esq.
Unread 05-26-2007, 09:41 AM   #49
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by cirelaw
...For, I have learned, that human dignity can be restored or destroyed with one word, as deadly as any bullet. ....
When you heAR THAT one word, ya gots to let it slide by, especially on the net. More than once I have thought someone was a flaming jerk, and I got to know them and they are okay! They just had a run in with you or me that particular night. I have made so many friends from the forums it is amazing. Lots of contacts, bought lots of nice things, I can't imagine a nicer place to spend my time...
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2007, 09:52 AM   #50
policeluger
RIP

you talking about me Ed???
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 05:13 PM   #51
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Let us not, forget the power of one word, as well as the pull of a single trigger, started one war and the push of one finger, ended another! Please act Responsivly.
Unread 05-28-2007, 05:31 PM   #52
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I think we are losing track on what the subject matter is supose to be 'LUGERS', RES IPSA LOQUITOR'
Unread 05-31-2007, 06:53 PM   #53
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Let Me Share a wonderful and enlightening emperience. It envoled with a chance encounter, with JUSTICE THURGOOD MARSHALL, our first black Supreme Court Justice, it happenened in 1978 or 1979, The Seton Hall Law School, in Newark New Jersey, was being innaugrated, and Justice Marshall was to deliving the opening cerromonies, worried that I might have to releive my selve, I rushed into the faculty restroom, No longer had I stepped up to two of the utrinals, in walked these 2 "SUITS' Then walked in, one of the most Majestic firgures, I had ever or yet seen first,JUSTICE THURGOOD MARSHAL After a short greeting, while standing next to each other, I ask him if he had any advice for a future lawyer, After we were done standing near the sink, while being scruitenized by the Men In Black, He said his first, NEVER TRY TO OUTRUN YOUR OWN SHADDOW, second IF YOU CANT MAKE YOUR POINT, IN TWO WORDS OR LESS, ITS YOU MISSING, YOUR YOUR POINT,,finally and most importantly. SAY SO LOVE THOSE YOU LOVE, EVERY DAY, AND YOULL NEVER BE ALONE' I guess I never heard his words till i stroke/coma recovered as best, Now that He has passed, Please pass down his advice
Unread 06-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #54
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

As Proof I gave the Seton Hall Innaguration,cerromial guest speaker, for safe keeping, till We both heal for our injuries, Ill email you a copy when I meet with him next week. Douglas Tuttle esq, Veo Beach Florida,
Unread 06-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #55
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

As Proof I gave the Seton Hall Innaguration,cerromial guest speaker, for safe keeping, till We both heal for our injuries, Ill email you a copy when I meet with him next week. Douglas Tuttle esq, Veo Beach Florida,