LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 11-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #41
Depner
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Jr. View Post
Tom,

Very nice Luger. It looks real nice after the restoration.
It is somewaht marvellous to see a Luger still in "frontline service" after 110 years of its introduction.
Congratualtions!

Douglas
Thanks Douglas!
Maybe this photo is more expressive.

She is my high day pistol. Usually I carry my Glock for service (instead of the Hungarian 93M / FÉG P9RC, which is standardized.)
It happens, that I carry the Luger on a "normal day", but not too often. She is mainly reserved for high days.
Unread 11-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #42
wdavid431
User

Beautiful Luger. I think you did a great job on it. Congrats.
Unread 11-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #43
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts

Your Luger looks great after the restoration. There is no reason to carry an ugly gun! (that is a compliment to your Luger and a little bit of a put down on your Glock...OK, I would rather have the Glock in a fire fight, but it is ugly)
Unread 11-18-2010, 10:19 AM   #44
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Tom, Hopefully you haven't had to use your carry luger yet in an offical capacity, but I wonder if you might have some comments from older Hungarians regarding the "political correctness" of a police officer using a former Nazi weapon. Just don't use it on an elderly citizen with a number tatooed on their arm --- they may have a hart attack. You can probably find plenty of firearms free in Hungary, if you are willing to explore the bottoms of lakes and river. Many were deposited when it became a capital offence to own one during the WW2 occupation. TH
Unread 11-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #45
Depner
User

Thanks for the words of praise for everyone.

@Ron Wood: The Glock ugliness is the question of the point of view. I like it. And it just never stops.

@Lugerdoc: Sadly in this county the firearm itself is demonized. No matter what type. Making people stupid just needed to maintain the full ban.

I haven't received any negative comment from anybody who saw me carry the Luger. On the contrary just positive words. In my opinion -based on my experience- it's not a problem to carry any weapon, which can be connected to any political era. Because of the fact I wrote in my first sentence the weapon itself means the evil to many stupid rendered people, they just don't care about the type - if they identify it at all. My bureau is also full of posters of WWII German & Russian & Hungarian weapons. The suspects have bigger problems there than disapprove the pictures. And I think most the victims/witnesses simpatize, or don't dare to disparage them.

My other hobby is war-field search. You know, with metal-detector and many digging. There are several interesting thing hidden in the hungarian ground. And even more on some attics of old houses...
Unread 11-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #46
Douglas Jr.
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depner View Post
Thanks Douglas!
Maybe this photo is more expressive.
She is my high day pistol. Usually I carry my Glock for service (instead of the Hungarian 93M / FÉG P9RC, which is standardized.)
It happens, that I carry the Luger on a "normal day", but not too often. She is mainly reserved for high days.
Tom,

I really love that picture!
Your uniform is also a nice looking (I was a militaria collectors for a long time, so I like to see this kind of stuff).

You say you carry your Luger only on special occasions (at least it was what I understood). When you do it, you carry the Luger in its propers holster (I mean, the "German" holster)?

Man, this is something I would love to see !!!!

Douglas
Douglas Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 11:25 AM   #47
Depner
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Jr. View Post
Tom,

I really love that picture!
Your uniform is also a nice looking (I was a militaria collectors for a long time, so I like to see this kind of stuff).

You say you carry your Luger only on special occasions (at least it was what I understood). When you do it, you carry the Luger in its propers holster (I mean, the "German" holster)?

Man, this is something I would love to see !!!!

Douglas
Thanks Douglas!
Sorry, my english knowledge have faded much. But hope the matter of my posts are still understandable.
Yes you understood right. And I carry it in a repro holster.

Tom
Unread 11-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #48
Depner
User

Oh and one more curiosity on Lugerdoc's post. The service pistol of the Police is the FÉG P9RC. Which is a DA/SA version of the FÉG P9 which is the exact copy of the Browning High Power which was also used by the Wehrmacht.
Unread 11-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #49
Douglas Jr.
User

Tom,

You don't need to apoligize. Your English is fine.
You must be a sight with this holster and full drees uniform during a parade.

Love it!

Douglas
Douglas Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #50
Jason L
User

Tom,
I love Lugers......but I just came back from the shooting range with my Glock 34. I hated "plastic" guns until I got my Glock, it could be the perfect handgun in action. Oh, and she treats me so well, I think she looks great
Cheers,
Jason
Jason L is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #51
Depner
User

Hi Jason,
thanks!
I think both are a must have!

Regards,
Tom

Last edited by Depner; 11-19-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Depner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #52
suum cuique
User

Location: MD / Currently about 9000 klicks east of the Potomac
Default Excuse me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugerdoc View Post
Tom, Hopefully you haven't had to use your carry luger yet in an offical capacity, but I wonder if you might have some comments from older Hungarians regarding the "political correctness" of a police officer using a former Nazi weapon. Just don't use it on an elderly citizen with a number tatooed on their arm --- they may have a hart attack. You can probably find plenty of firearms free in Hungary, if you are willing to explore the bottoms of lakes and river. Many were deposited when it became a capital offence to own one during the WW2 occupation. TH
Hungary was an ally, of Germany like Romania, Kroatia, Slovakia , Italy and Japan for the most time of WWII.
Only at the end of the war some allies switched sides...
first Italy, then Romania ...
Germany and Hungary have a traditional good relationship.
(Unfortunatly interrupted by the iron curtain for 40 years)
BTW, I was during the 1990's several times in Hungary, the Hungarians are very nice people! And their cusine is excellent, too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary
Unread 11-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #53
Depner
User

Quote:
Only at the end of the war some allies switched sides...
first Italy, then Romania
Yepp, we held on to the last minutes. Hungary was the last foreign country (except Austria - but that time it was the part of the Reich) by the side of Germany. And we were blasted by the Russian, then came under Soviet rule, but Austria didn't.

And mainly it was all because of the Trianon "peace treaty" after WW I.

But this is waaay off topic.

Quote:
the Hungarians are very nice people! And their cusine is excellent, too.
It's so nice to read this. Thank you!
Unread 11-21-2010, 09:31 AM   #54
Depner
User

Question Mec Gar mag help please...

About Mec Gar mags...

It happened, that I bought 2 "Made in Italy" Mec Gar mags from Germany via the egun.de some months ago. They have arrived in no time, and I went to the shooting range to try them out.
Total gloom. My Luger made feed errors every two or three rounds. Especially when the mags held only 2-3 rounds. The problem was, that the round stuck in a very weird angle at the start of the feeding ramp. Tipical weak mag-spring issue.
So I sawed a 7,62x25 TT spent case, that the neck remained, and put it on the spring. It now holds the spring farther from the magazine feeder somewhat 2-3 turns. Although the capacity reduced to 7 rds. this way, but the pistol works perfectly with both mags.
Does anybody experienced the same with brand new Italian made out of box Mec Gar Mags? If so, is there any other solution?
I read a lot of the Wolf springs. They seem to be great, but found out, that they do not sell international. Because it is a gun part. But why??? It is just a spring. Lets' say, if I need a spring for my chair, which is a same as a gun spring then I can not buy it from the USA via post? This is ridiculous.
So are there any solution of the Mec Gar issue other then changing spring, and if no, how can I buy Wolf springs in Europe?

Tom
Unread 12-29-2010, 08:10 AM   #55
Depner
User

Today the postman brought me a package... Filled with GT's MecGar repair kits. I already assembled the mags. One word: perfect!

Thank you again, GT!!!
Unread 01-03-2011, 01:27 AM   #56
CROLUGER
User

I bought Wolf gunssprins, more than five time. They sell international. The order must be over 25,00 USD, and shiping is about 6 USD. Greetings from Croatia.
Luger DWM 1915, Luger BYF 1942, Walther P-38 AC43 & CYQ 1944, Mauser Hsc, Steyr 1909, Frommer Stop 1916, SA XD HS 45, Beretta M34, M70, M72, M950B, 92FS, Browning 1910/22, CZ M-48, CZ PAP M59/66, Winchester 9422M, GLOCK 19.
CROLUGER is offline   Reply With Quote