LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 05-12-2018, 03:45 PM   #1
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts
Default unhinged from reality...

They have finally, completely, lost their minds.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/05...m_campaign=DMS
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 members says Thank You to DavidJayUden for your post:
Unread 05-12-2018, 05:06 PM   #2
calibrator
User

This is to be expected. They are banking on brain-washing the youth, and re-writing history to insure that America will be radically changed into an un-armed mass of slaves, indentured to an all-powerful Progressive Government.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/11/ca...ays-communist/

They are likely to be surprised to find that not all the youth are eager to give up their freedoms and rights so quickly.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...and/444834002/

And then we have this breath of fresh air from Georgia;

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-ad/600212002/

calibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to calibrator for your post:
Unread 05-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #3
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,603 Times in 933 Posts

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a "No Politics!" rule on this forum? Oh yes, I forgot, we do have one!
Norm
Norme is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 6 members says Thank You to Norme for your post:
Unread 05-13-2018, 03:14 PM   #4
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,509 Posts

Deleted my post as a result... I keep a blog for such things.
The following member says Thank You to mrerick for your post:
Unread 05-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #5
calibrator
User

I agree that politics (in general) has no place on a specialty Firearms Forum. Calling opposing party members names for the sake of de-humanizing them is crude and NOT welcome where intelligent people meet in pursuit of their shared passion.

However, who can deny that our future as private firearms owners is under increasingly greater attack with each passing terrorist attack ? Isn't it plain to see that the control advocates have the outright ban and confiscation of ALL semiauto, magazine fed weapons as the next rung on their ladder ? The new chant is to demonize "Weapons of War" in civilian hands.

Do members here actually think that their Lugers (or M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, 1911A1s, Springfield M1As or any other mag-fed Milsurp) will somehow NOT be included in their banning and confiscation plans ? Will you gladly turn in your vast Luger collection in exchange for a $500 voucher (for each weapon) good for a deduction on next year's Federal taxes ?

If you rely on the Mainstream Media for all your news, you ARE uninformed of actions that threaten our continued 2A rights with infringements, drip by drip. I post links to topics that everyone here should know about, in order for them to decide HOW they can best make their voice heard in the political arena. Spread the word to your like-minded friends, influence those that have no idea what is going on, and VOTE your conscience.
The following 13 members says Thank You to calibrator for your post:
Unread 05-16-2018, 02:46 AM   #6
Sergio Natali
User

Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibrator View Post
I agree that politics (in general) has no place on a specialty Firearms Forum. Calling opposing party members names for the sake of de-humanizing them is crude and NOT welcome where intelligent people meet in pursuit of their shared passion.

However, who can deny that our future as private firearms owners is under increasingly greater attack with each passing terrorist attack ? Isn't it plain to see that the control advocates have the outright ban and confiscation of ALL semiauto, magazine fed weapons as the next rung on their ladder ? The new chant is to demonize "Weapons of War" in civilian hands.

Do members here actually think that their Lugers (or M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, 1911A1s, Springfield M1As or any other mag-fed Milsurp) will somehow NOT be included in their banning and confiscation plans ? Will you gladly turn in your vast Luger collection in exchange for a $500 voucher (for each weapon) good for a deduction on next year's Federal taxes ?

If you rely on the Mainstream Media for all your news, you ARE uninformed of actions that threaten our continued 2A rights with infringements, drip by drip. I post links to topics that everyone here should know about, in order for them to decide HOW they can best make their voice heard in the political arena. Spread the word to your like-minded friends, influence those that have no idea what is going on, and VOTE your conscience.
I agree, and we risk that this way of thinking will spread all over the Europe too, making everything even more difficult for us here.
Unread 05-16-2018, 11:12 AM   #7
gunnertwo
User

Politics is the ultimate bloodsport. On other forums there are sections that have political discussions.
Folks can visit or make posts -- or not. It's a good way to avoid controversial topics.

G2
gunnertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 08:14 PM   #8
Mister Sunshine
User

Default Australian gun laws

I remember reading about how bad this man in Australia felt when he was forced to turn in a nice Krieghoff his father had brought back from WWII. It was ground up with all the rest of the semi autos. Sorry if the story offends anyone.
Mister Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2018, 10:45 AM   #9
calibrator
User

Default Coming To A Town Near You Soon ???

Boulder Colorado ;

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/17...ilmembers.html

This is NOT just about ARs, It's about ANY semi-auto capable of ;

The city defines assault weapons as "semi-automatic firearms designed with military features to allow rapid spray firing for the quick and efficient killing of humans."

Included in the definition are "all semiautomatic action rifles with a detachable magazine with a capacity of twenty-one or more rounds," as well as "semiautomatic shotguns with a folding stock or a magazine capacity of more than six rounds or both."

This law covers a LOT of firearms, even the Ruger 10/22 Rimfire because there are 50 rd mags on the market since the '80s. Could your LP08 with a stock and a drum be confiscated ... ??? Certainly your M1 Carbines.

These actions are the types of things ALL responsible firearms owners need to know BEFORE they are jammed down their throat, and turn them into criminals. Some pundit once said that American Freedom rests on boxes;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_boxes_of_liberty
The following 2 members says Thank You to calibrator for your post:
Unread 05-18-2018, 01:49 AM   #10
Sergio Natali
User

Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnertwo View Post
Politics is the ultimate bloodsport. On other forums there are sections that have political discussions.
Folks can visit or make posts -- or not. It's a good way to avoid controversial topics.

G2
“It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.”

Ronald Reagan

Unread 05-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #11
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

“It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.”

― Ronald Reagan

It does my heart good to see our Italian friends quoting President Reagan.
dju
The following 5 members says Thank You to DavidJayUden for your post:
Unread 05-18-2018, 09:53 AM   #12
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,603 Times in 933 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibrator View Post
Boulder Colorado ;

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/17...ilmembers.html

This is NOT just about ARs, It's about ANY semi-auto capable of ;

The city defines assault weapons as "semi-automatic firearms designed with military features to allow rapid spray firing for the quick and efficient killing of humans."

Included in the definition are "all semiautomatic action rifles with a detachable magazine with a capacity of twenty-one or more rounds," as well as "semiautomatic shotguns with a folding stock or a magazine capacity of more than six rounds or both."

This law covers a LOT of firearms, even the Ruger 10/22 Rimfire because there are 50 rd mags on the market since the '80s. Could your LP08 with a stock and a drum be confiscated ... ??? Certainly your M1 Carbines.

These actions are the types of things ALL responsible firearms owners need to know BEFORE they are jammed down their throat, and turn them into criminals. Some pundit once said that American Freedom rests on boxes;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_boxes_of_liberty
As someone who actually lives in Boulder let me set the record straight. It is not the jack booted dystopia imagined by Fox news, it is the happiest and healthiest city in the happiest and healthiest state in the nation. It has a low crime rate and an unobtrusive police force, I can't remember the last time I actually saw a police officer. I routinely shoot on my property, without complaint from my neighbors, can you do that where you live?
The new law covers future sales only, existing owners of banned weapons are not affected provided they register them with the police and can pass a background check. So if you can't imagine life without an assault style rifle fitted with bump stock and large capacity magazine, Boulder is not the place for you. You won't be missed.
Norm
Norme is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Norme for your post:
Unread 05-18-2018, 11:01 AM   #13
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Now is probably a good time for me to just bite on my finger...
dju
The following 2 members says Thank You to DavidJayUden for your post:
Unread 05-18-2018, 11:01 AM   #14
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,121 Times in 1,432 Posts

existing owners of banned weapons are not affected provided they register them with the police. the beginnings of a police state. The FIRST thing Hitler did to control the population. register with the police. If you are an ex con, a felon on parole or a child molester you register with the police. My rights are spelled out in the 2nd amendment and the I don't recall register with the police as part of it. Shall NOT BE INFRINGED I do recall.

Boulder is not the place for you. You won't be missed. As Americans we should band together as one. To find a fellow Americans who are more than happy to exclude others because we will not comply with police state directives is tribal. There is some disturbance in America and I am sad to see it play out. I for one will stand my Constitutional ground. Live free or die. Molon Labe.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 members says Thank You to lugerholsterrepair for your post:
Unread 05-18-2018, 11:13 AM   #15
gunnertwo
User

Similar bills are pending in Oregon. One claims to ban "Assault Weapons" but would affect all semi-autos that could accept a magazine that holds more than ten rounds. If passed my Lugers would have to be registered due to the Trommel mags. I would not be able to legally bring another LP08 mag into the state. As we have seen there is a complete disconnect with history in todays politicians and most of the youth. If they were to see a complete Artillery rig set up with stock and mag they would call it an assault weapon.

My standard comment lately is this, "If you run your government or your life on feelings and emotions, you're in for a bumpy ride".

G2
gunnertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to gunnertwo for your post:
Unread 05-18-2018, 12:47 PM   #16
hayhugh
User

If the Government decided to scan through this forum I don't think it would take to long to come up with a list of names and address of any one who has ever posted here! Also photos of any guns you posted....
hayhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2018, 02:30 PM   #17
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,121 Times in 1,432 Posts

My address and phone number is here for any man to see. That's a part of living free. I don't fear my Govt. Yet. But isn't that the main reason for the 2nd Constitutional amendment to the Bill of Rights? When you DO fear the Govt., some blood might have to be shed to refresh the tree of Liberty. Our founding Fathers gave us the 2nd Constitutional amendment to the Bill of Rights for a reason. Any man or govt. that tries to take it is reason enough to resist. I will not live on my knees as a subject. I will not "register" with the police. I will not voluntarily submit my Constitutional and God given rights to ANY human on this Planet. I will lead a peaceful and productive life until some moron decides to disrupt it with violence.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 7 members says Thank You to lugerholsterrepair for your post: