LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 05-01-2002, 01:15 PM   #1
Marvin
User

Default OT, But Related

A friend of mine called me last night and was asking if I had heard about a Bill in Congress, Number HR4101. He said this Bill would stop the purchase of ammunition and go back to the "face to face" purchase. he did not know a lot about this and I knew nothing about it.

Does anyone know if this is the truth? It sure is nice to be able to purchase ammo and have it shipped to your door.

Marvin

AMMOMAN
Unread 05-01-2002, 10:31 PM   #2
tom
User

Default Re: OT, But Related

Hi Marvin,

I wouldn't worry too much yet. Bills are introduced daily by the thousands. Why there is even a bill to make Rev Al Sharpton's birthday a National Holiday!

The point is that 99.8% of all bills introduced never, never make it into committee; even fewer survive committee hearings and fewer still survive the passage on the house floor.

Granted there are some real stinkers that make it through but that is generally through sponsorship of pols who are cutting deals with other pols to get crapola laws passed that no one really wants.

Best advice: stay attuned to the legislation via frequent and LUCID letters to your representatives. If you ask your congress critter for a copy of every resolution or bill that effects shooters, his staff will send them.

You should buy a good bottle of booze for your letter carrier (PC for mail man)if you do that as he will have earned it.

Tom

Proud Participant in the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Unread 05-02-2002, 06:52 AM   #3
Marvin
User

Default Re: OT, But Related

Tom,

Thanks for the information on this. Since I am out of town for the next 10 months and very busy, I sometimes don't have the time to investigate things I hear. This was one that concerned me and I was not aware of what was going on. Your kind help is appreciated.

marvin

AMMOMAN