LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-29-2002, 10:41 PM   #1
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Default 1915 Erfurt Artillery...?

Ok, so how about a "little" controversy ? Saw a luger site advertise a 1915 Erfurt Artillery...

The ad reads as :

" 1915 Date Erfurt Artillery. The only authenticated 1915 Artillery known and it is a complere Mint Matching Rig with Perfect Leather and all accessories including sight tool, cleaning rod, snail drum with loader and Dust Cover. Serial #6939 (see Imperial Lugers, page 92 by J. Still ) P.O.R. "

Does anyone know about this arty ? Is a 1915 Erfurt arty possible ?

Unread 04-29-2002, 10:52 PM   #2
Doug
User

Default Re: 1915 Erfurt Artillery...?

As previously stated on this forum, nothing is impossible with Lugers. Still says that they were only dated 1914. That being said a 1915 or later LP Erfurt would be easy to fake as all of the receiver ring fronts were relieved for the rear sight. But since virtually all the records for the production of these guns is lost I think it would be damn hard to prove either way!

Unread 05-02-2002, 01:46 PM   #3
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: 1915 Erfurt Artillery...?

I have a simular problem. I have a 1917 DWM arty. It has British proof marks under the barrel. But it also has what appears the be Erfurt proof marks on all the toggle parts as well as an Eurfurt proof mark on the right side of the frame thus creating a fifth proof mark. I don't remember ever reading that Eurfurt did any reworks. All the serial numbers appear authentic and matching. The bluing appears worn but original.

Big Norm