LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-26-2002, 12:42 AM   #1
Johnny Peppers
User

Default Police Pistol

This is a 1921/1920 Police pistol I recently purchased. It has the sear safety, and part of the magazine safety. Has anyone seen any new information on the circle S as shown on this pistol? Some indicate that this is a Simson rebuild, but there are no other Simson proofs on the pistol. It has the WaA4 acceptance marks, and a Ma.422. gripstrap marking. Additionally is has 422. stamped on the back of the receiver just above the lanyard loop.

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/Police.jpg
Unread 04-26-2002, 10:58 AM   #2
bill m
User

Default Re: Police Pistol

Hi Johnny,

That is an interesting variation. I have not heard anything about the circle S other than it is thought to be a Simson rework mark. -- The ones that I have also have markings above the rear lanyard loop. -- Is yours a double date 1920/1921 -- I have a 1920/1920 very similar to yours but the barrel on mine was also changed and is Simson marked. Interesting -- bill m

Unread 04-26-2002, 11:37 AM   #3
Johnny Peppers
User

Default Re: Police Pistol

bill,

The receiver is dated 1921 with the 1920 property stamp. The barrel is original to the pistol with the E/WaA4 proof, serial number with letter suffix, and bore diameter. The receiver has the Dove WaA4 acceptance marks, and the unusual thing is that the breechblock has the Dove WaA4 proof rather than the E/WaA4 proof used on the receiver and barrel. The magazine is a flat button Haenel Schmeisser marked on lower spine and police numbered to the pistol. No other marks on the magazie.

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/Police.jpg