LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-23-2002, 03:57 AM   #1
CETME
User

Default How luck you guys are

I'd like to mention how lucky you guys are to own a luger. I have been in love with them since i was a little boy, but im still in college right now, and i dont have enough money to buy one.

the other day at the range here in tallahassee, i met a young guy like me. and he brings out this BlackWidow. It looked like it just left a German worker's hand. This thing was beyond beautiful. My jaw dropped. and i fell in love with it. Apparently his dad collects and sells them, and when he turned 21 his dad let him choose whichever one he wanted. I dont think he truly appreciated what he had.

I'm 21 now old enough to buy one, but school takes up most of my money. One day i'll own one. My whole point is that you guys are lucky you have them in your homes and can hold them and shoot them whenever you want. My day will come! =)

I'd also like to say Hey to Tim Canney. He's a good guy!

Unread 04-23-2002, 07:19 AM   #2
Roadkill
User

Default Re: How luck you guys are

As you are, we once were. As we are, you will become. This getting old ain't no deal. Be patient, keep your eyes open for good deals, and stay in touch. The subject of what to do with guns has come up before. Who knows?

Roadkill

Unread 04-23-2002, 09:44 AM   #3
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Default I'll Second That !!!! :) (EOM)

Unread 04-23-2002, 10:43 AM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Read Roadkill's words carefully... :)

Your appreciation of fine firearms isn't wasted because you don't YET own a Luger. When the time comes it will happen. In the meantime, all you need to be a part of this forum is an appreciation for the history, design and engineering of the pistols we lovingly call by the name of their inventor Georg Luger.

Welcome aboard! Open a profile here, read the profiles of the others here and be a part of the finest firearms website on the web. Ask all the questions you like and start saving your pennies for that Luger in your future. It won't be that long...

-John Sabato

Unread 04-23-2002, 12:06 PM   #5
Big Norm
RIP

I'll second all the other guys notes to you. Your luck arrived when you got a good dad who clearly is steering you in the right direction.

Big Norm

Unread 04-23-2002, 12:50 PM   #6
Marney Walsh

Default You're the Lucky One

You are luckier than I am. When I was your age I was desperate to own anything that could shoot. I had no idea Lugers were anything special. When you reach my age you will no doubt have a great collection of Lugers to play with.

Unread 04-23-2002, 05:05 PM   #7
CETME
User

Thanks guys for all the advice and pointers. Roadkill, very well written, ill take those words to heart.

Guys, I'm almost positive i got this job at TCBY for the summer. I'm going to work full time at $5.40/hr. Ive never worked for that cheap, but hey, its slim pickings around here. I'll do it for the Luger. At the end of May ill have enough to buy a Decent Luger. So if anyone has an "extra" one that they wouldnt mind sending to a good home. Let me know! =) thanks again guys

Unread 04-23-2002, 06:57 PM   #8
CETME
User

Default oops

Dont know what happened to this post, but i copied and pasted it again!

Thanks guys for all the advice and pointers. Roadkill, very well written, ill take those words to heart.

Guys, I'm almost positive i got this job at TCBY for the summer. I'm going to work full time at $5.40/hr. Ive never worked for that cheap, but hey, its slim pickings around here. I'll do it for the Luger. At the end of May ill have enough to buy a Decent Luger. So if anyone has an "extra" one that they wouldnt mind sending to a good home. Let me know! =) thanks again guys

Unread 04-23-2002, 09:21 PM   #9
Roadkill
User

Default Re: oops

What state do you live in?

Roadkill