LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-13-2002, 06:13 PM   #1
The Wizard
User

Default Who are Nico van Gijn and John Pearson

and how do I get in touch with them. In Eugene J. Bender's book entitled "Luger Holsters and Accessories of the 20th Century" ther are shown dimensioned drawings of Luger parts including what appears to be a 120 mm long 7,65 mm barrel drawing. If I had a copy of this drawing I could recreate the barrel I need for my project Luger. Also in Fred A. Datig's enlarged/revised edition of "the Luger Pistol" on page 318 show a drawing for the 7,65 mm Parabellum cartridge. Does anyone know how to contact Mr. Datig (if he is still alive) so that I might try to get a readable copy of that drawing. Being an engineering geek the drawings are almost as interesting as the pistols!

The Wizard

Unread 04-13-2002, 07:49 PM   #2
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,580 Times in 988 Posts
Default Hi Wizzard! Don't hold your breath!......

As you may have some trouble getting a response.....I wrote a long letter to Mr. Van Gijn, with much the same type of request you are seeking.....nada...nothing, zip!! Mr. Datig on the other hand, (I have talked to him in person) seems very personable, and you might have better luck with him.. I have only talked to John Pearson once or twice, and he seemed to be decent enough...he may be able to help you...Your best bet would be to voice your request in NAPCA and see what turns up! Best of luck! till....later....G.T.

Unread 04-14-2002, 09:54 AM   #3
tom h

Default Re: Who are Nico van Gijn and John Pearson

These fellows are both well known advanced pistol collectors with little interest in recreating parts. NAPCA @ POB 15738, St.Louis, MO. 63163 will forward your request to them, for the price of their postage. But, as stated in another message, "don't hold your breath" waiting for an answer. Tom h.

Unread 04-15-2002, 10:57 AM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default BLUEPRINT assistance requested...HELP

Why not just ask HERE if any forum member has info or blueprints for the barrel?

You would be surprised the kind of information at the hands of the folks who frequent this forum. Does anyone have the blueprints for the barrel that the Wizard is trying to recreate?

thanks,

John Sabato