LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-05-2002, 11:55 PM   #1
Herb
User

Default DOK, how ya hangin?

DOK, how are things going for you? After the tramatic experiences you had in the last two months, I have wondered how you have held up. I miss your cool wit on the board, hopefully you will regain it soon. Keep up the great job you are doing, hope to see some posts from you again soon. BTY I loved the engraving on the Luger box you took to GT's, are the any variations that can be cut if appropriate photos are supplied? Best Wishes to you, Herb.

Unread 04-06-2002, 12:05 AM   #2
66mustang

Default Dok told me that ANY picture that can be scanned

in can be lasered!

But, I don't mean to speak for Dok, I hope he's doing okay too and wish him well.

ed

Unread 04-06-2002, 12:07 AM   #3
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,579 Times in 988 Posts
Default I want ta know too! .....DOK,.. Herb, ?

Hi Herb! Are you going to make it here a little earlier next year on the friday afternoon/night event! Would like to get a little more time to talk to you! How about lunch or dinner sometime...plan next years event! till...later...G.T.

Unread 04-06-2002, 12:31 AM   #4
Herb
User

Default Re: I want ta know too! .....DOK,.. Herb, ?

Hell GT, I can come down several days early, the wife has several days of shopping to do everytime we get near a 'city'. We both had a great time and I,for one, plan to do it again next year if we can talk John D. into planing it all again. It is really someone else's turn to go for it, but maybe John likes to do it, he sure does a bang up job at it. I have started saving up for the next Luger, I just hope that Ralph has some good sales when we get there. Thanks for your, and your wifes, hospility, you made the trip fantstic.

I really enjoyed your P-38 collection and your son's Nazi dagger collection as I used to collect them myself but sold them to help finance the new house here in Utah, had some really nice ones. Herb

Unread 04-06-2002, 12:52 AM   #5
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,579 Times in 988 Posts
Default Herb, Early is great! ........

Keep in touch, as I spent a little time with several of our forum members both before and after the Friday event! I look forward to this next year, I have some neat surprises in store for all! Hopefully J.D. will grab the reigns again this year, and keep all us rookies in line!.....till...later...G.T. To all the forum members! Make your plans! And plan on this! it's a lot of fun, with a great bunch of people......who'ad a thunk it!!! till...later ....G.T. P.SS...Thanks to Ted, (Thor) & Marvin...who's trip to luger mecca, 3 years ago, started the whole thing!!!

Unread 04-06-2002, 12:41 PM   #6
Dok
RIP

Default Re: DOK, how ya hangin?

Hi Herb & Guys... Thanks for asking... I'm hanging in there. It's a very strange to lose both parents in the space of three weeks, and the impact of it all is slowly setting in. So much to do when you are an only child.

Re the engravings, indeed any picture than be rendered in Black & White lineart can be lasered, logos, symbols, graphics, you name it. I just did the DWM logo in a brass plate, to be set into the top of a case, for a client.

Am currently working on Ted's Baby Luger case with the Reichadler top. I'm sure he will post lots of pictures when he receives it.

Thanks for being my "support group" you are a great bunch of guys...

All the best,

Dok