LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-05-2002, 03:20 AM   #1
Gary_3
User

Default luger clip

I have in my possession a stainless steel (or nickel or chrome?) Luger clip. The piece you push down to load the clip is knurled. It has, at the butt end, serial #3818. Below the 1st 8, and the 1, is a cursive L. Below the L is a +(meaning spare mag?), and below that is a crown. Can anyone get me pointed in the right direction to research this clip? It is all metal. The spring is very strong.

Gary

Unread 04-06-2002, 05:32 PM   #2
Terry A de C Foley

Default Re: luger clip

Dear Gary - the word that you are desperately searching for, I just know, is MAGAZINE. Not CLIP - say MAGAZINE. The Garand has a clip, the Mauser and the Lee-Enfied and many other military rifles load from a clip, but the Luger has a magazine. Thought you should know. OK?

TF

Unread 04-06-2002, 06:02 PM   #3
66mustang

Default Re: luger clip

Hello Gary, I can't help you, except to tell you that yes the + means spare magazine and if older it is nickled, not stainless. I am unsure about the crown.

I guess Terry didn't have any idea either?

Not to start anything, but I call them magazines, but I'm not sure why this is such an issue. If a rifle has a clip, then wouldn't a new person to the forum, asking a question and requesting help, not know that this was such an issue to Luger people and simply be asking for help?

Ed

Unread 04-06-2002, 06:24 PM   #4
Brandon Metcalf

Default Magazine vs. Clip

There is alot of controversy as to Magazine vs. Clip, I call them Magazines My uncle calls them Clips, But he knows what I'm talking about and I know what he's talking about.

I really don't see why it's such a BIG issue. I can see correcting people but in a suttle way. (Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings just my opinion)..........Brandon

Unread 04-07-2002, 06:42 AM   #5
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: Magazine vs. Clip

Nah, a newbie should learn from the start to name Luger parts correctly. I started early in my collecting calling the "Locking Bolt" a "Barrel Lock". I have been corrected many times but I am having a hard time breaking a bad habit that was established early.

I won't tell you what my army drill instructor did and said to me when I called my rifle a gun. I survived. But I had the cleanest hands from KP in my company while in basic training. Gary will survive too. Its nothing personal.

Big Norm

Unread 04-07-2002, 04:55 PM   #6
BILL
User

Default Re: Magazine vs. Clip

ahhh..let's take the mystery out of it..it's so much easier to type mag (only three letters)! BTW, someone here called their grip screws 'nuts' and it nearly drove me nuts!

'Take me to your Luger!'