LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 02-01-2001, 09:55 AM   #1
P.Jucker (Switzerland)

Default 06 Swiss Army models

Very intertesting site !

What I prefer are american handguns , like Colt or S&W .

But I also have a kind of special attraction for Parabellum Pistols ( In Switzerland only people who dont like weapons talk about Luger !)

According to what I read in the specs , the model 06 Swiss Army should have the " Cross in the sun " on the chamber.

But I think that pre-war pieces (ante 1912 ) produced by the DWM and assembled and blued at the Eid.Waffen Fabrik in Bern dont have it. Pieces produced in Bern during the war and after ,seem not to have it also .

I have (among others ) a 1921 piece , which dont have the cross.

At the moment we have a lot of ex Swiss Army models on the market .Old ex officers die and the familiy dont want to keep the guns.

The tradition in Switerland is to keep your gun when you are dismissed from the army ( generally age 42 )and so you can find a lot of bolt action carbines and rifles and also the old model of assault rifle ( model 1957)

But it is very difficult to get a Parabellum 08.

What about the market in the states ?

Best regards

Unread 02-01-2001, 10:35 AM   #2
tomheller

Default Re: 06 Swiss Army models

The 9x100mm Basel Police models (serial range 75441-76049 of the M1914 Commerical) were procured in Sept 1921, are rare in the US, but there seem to be a good supply of the more common 7.65x120mm M1906 military (cross in sunburst) and Police (cross in shield) abit at very high prices.For more info see Jan Still's "Weimar Luger" pages 255 thru 257.