LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 05-02-2002, 10:38 PM   #1
JE

Default WTK: Is this a good deal?

I found a double digit 42 date mauser banner police with sear safety in a firm 95%. It is stamped with an eagle over L and it comes with a mag that is not numbered but is marked eagle over L.In Jane Still's book, it says that there are only 300 known to be produced and only 5 known "confirmed" I believe is the word he used. Is 1600 a good price to pay for it? I had a source from the boards tell me it was worth around 1300. Thanks for all the help.

Unread 05-03-2002, 02:14 AM   #2
mlm

Default Re: WTK: Is this a good deal?

One of these (perhaps a 41 banner, don't recall exactly but it was a two-digit banner 41 or 42) appeared for sale in Bellevue Nebraska a couple months ago and I inspected it only to find it had a weird serial number way outside the known range. There is quite a bit of documentation around about these. Check out the serial number for correctness and inspect the parts and finish in detail to convince yourself it is correct.

Unread 05-03-2002, 07:41 AM   #3
Marvin
User

Default Re: WTK: Is this a good deal?

JE,

Inspect the pistol as mlm stated to make sure it is correct. If you find that it is correct, the asking price of $1600 is not a bad price in my opinion and well worth it! Keep us posted.

Marvin