LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-27-2002, 02:13 PM   #1
RA

Default 9mm Ammo, Which one try?? Help

I have a 1920 DWM Military with a strong recoil spring. Ive fired Winchester, Sellior-Bellot and Geco. Its still stove pipes occasionally. Pistol is cleaned and properly maintained. Is there a brand of ammo that will work most of the time?? I've been told that Fiocchi is a good strong Luger load. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Unread 04-27-2002, 02:49 PM   #2
Thor
User

Default Re: 9mm Ammo, Which one try?? Help

How is the magazine spring, it needs to be fairly stout to work right. Also is the hold open engaging EVERY time when you fire just one round? If so, your ammo is stout enough. Fiocchi seems like a good strong load in 9mm but a little weak in 30 Luger to me at least. Thor

Unread 04-28-2002, 10:24 AM   #3
Roadkill
User

I'm heading out in a little while to shoot,my 1918 Erfurt stovepipes sometimes too, I've tried Speer 115g fmj, works most of the time, Wolf - 50% of time, some Finnish made in 62 -95% of time, just bought the recommended Walmart 115g target made by Winchester,wll try it today. I've got two new magazines -Mec gar & KKK so its not that, I've trimmed several loops off the mainspring but haven't shot it since the last trim. Its getting close though. Let you know later.

Roadkill

Unread 04-28-2002, 05:10 PM   #4
Roadkill
User

The winchester target ammo I got from walmart is by far the best. For the first time in 6 months there were NO stovepipes, no misfeeds, at all. Its been a combination of smoothing the bolt & slide, trimming the mainspring, new magazines, and different ammo. Its accurate and cheap, $10.95 for 100 rds.

Roadkill