LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-22-2002, 08:41 PM   #1
Steve
User

Default AIMCO Luger

It finally works! My AIMCO Luger has been an interesting experience to say the least. At first, it would not chamber properly. That was solved when the manufacture replaced the magazine springs with stronger ones. That revealed that there was also a problem with empty cases not ejecting properly. I finally returned it to the factory and they installed a new ejector. Now it ejects and feeds without a hitch!

Unread 04-22-2002, 09:26 PM   #2
Roadkill
User

Default Re: AIMCO Luger

I wish I could say that about mine. If I keep trimming down the mainspring something bad is gonna happen. Still stovepipes but that thing sure is accurate.

Roadkill

Unread 04-22-2002, 10:55 PM   #3
thomas adie

Default Re: AIMCO Luger

Hey Steve & Roadkill! Iv'e had the same experiance with my AIMCO luger. Mr. Romo did a complete spring job. Stopped the stovepiping. Still has a problem extracting rounds everynow and then. Steve, I agree these guns are super accurate! I would suggest to you that you send yours in to AIMCO and let him do a complete spring job. When he looked at mine he told me that the previous owner had trimmed the mainspring and that that was the main problem. Mine only shot one round...stovepipe..etc. Now it doesn't stovepipe at all.

Unread 04-23-2002, 01:27 AM   #4
Steve
User

Default Re: AIMCO Customer service

Contact Mr. Romo about your problem. It usually takes him a few days to answer but when he does, the service is great. He replaced my ejector and threw in a free magazine. I also found out that they use S&B ammo for their testing. At the Portland show this coming weekend I will buy some. The enclosed target is from about 10-15 feet.

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/Target.jpg
Unread 04-23-2002, 04:29 PM   #5
tom
User

You are absolutely right about the customer service. I bought one of these (A Navy, naturilch) as agift for my father in law several years ago. He had probs with the takedown lever coming out of battery during firing. I saw Mr Romo at the Kansas City show and discussed the problem. He said to ship it back to him and it would be fixed. I did; he did and we were all pleased with how much of a tack driver that bad boy is!

Tom

Unread 04-24-2002, 11:27 AM   #6
jmicmic

Did Aimco pay for the shipping to and from?? I have two problems with my Navy I got back in Dec.

The safety falls down after two rounds and stove pipes alot with S&B ammo.

Thanks

Unread 04-24-2002, 08:36 PM   #7
Steve
User

I paid to return it to AIMCO and they paid the shipping to return it to me after fixing it at no charge. This is fairly standard with other companies that I have dealt with.