LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-21-2002, 05:00 PM   #1
RBear

Default References needed

Hi, I am fairly new to lugers. I have some experience collecting WWII rifles and wanted to branch out to WWI-II military handguns. I am interested in a representative luger for my colection. It does not need to be some rarte model or with rare marking. I would like a luger with a pretty good amout of blue left, straw is not that terribly important. I would like it to be all matching and not reblued. who are the most honest luger sellers that I could contact by email? Do any have web sites? best regards, rbear

Unread 04-21-2002, 05:06 PM   #2
Brandon Metcalf

Default Re: References needed

Try Ralph Shattuck over at www.Worldoflugers.com !

His e-mail address is posted on his site!

Best Regards,Brandon

Unread 04-21-2002, 07:31 PM   #3
tom
User

Hi Bear,

Rather than go to a dealer, why not let a member of this board provide you what you wish. No need in paying the almost always higher costs that a dealer must charge.

However, should you wish to deal with a dealer, Bob Simpson and Ralph Shattuck are names well known and highly respected among the members of this board.

FWIW,

Tom

Unread 04-21-2002, 08:12 PM   #4
Jay Newman
User

Click on the "Links & Resources" and "Classifieds" sections on the left side of the Forum Web Page. Both Tom Heller and Ralph Shattuck have excellent reputations, and I have dealt with them both.

Unread 04-22-2002, 10:37 AM   #5
TIMOTHY CANNEY

Call either Fred Fiet or Bob Adams. Both are advertisers on Guns America, and I feel you will get what you have paid for, as described, or they will consider the transaction void. Bob Simpson is also a very good person to do business with as is Tom Heller. All of these guys are HONEST, and will help you immensely in starting your Luger Collection. My advice is that you should get a mint 1970's Mauser to start off with. They are good guns and very shootable and will grow in their collectability as time goes on. Tom Heller has a wealth of parts for these guns in case something breaks.

Best Regards,

Timothy Canney Feel free to E-Mail me off Forum for more information, I'm here to help, and don't want to see you get "burned"