LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-18-2002, 10:24 PM   #1
Mickey Kelly

Default Please Identify my Luger

DWM with 1921 chamber date, serial 2313b with all numbers matching including firing pin, all the proper Weimar proofs, unit marked 6.D.10. on front grip strap, no sear safety. Can this be a police pistol without a sear safety? Cannot be cocked with safety on. Minty unmarked grips, 95% blue, very good to excellent bore. Came with a repro mag, but I am not sure what would be a proper mag for it.

Unread 04-18-2002, 11:23 PM   #2
Tom Heller

Default Re: Please Identify my Luger

Mickey, Proper mag for this 1921 dated Weimar Police luger would be a tin plated tube with a wood bottom numbered without suffix letter but with an added #1,2 or3 above or below the Large serial number. Tom h

Unread 04-19-2002, 12:57 AM   #3
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts

Mickey

No Luger can be cocked (i.e. set the firing pin to fire a round) with the safety on. On early Lugers with the "unrelieved" sear bar, you could not cycle the action with the safty on. After the sear bar was relieved (patent date 1916), if the weapon is loaded and cocked, you can cycle the action to clear the loaded chamber with the safety on.

Unread 04-19-2002, 02:45 AM   #4
Thor
User

Mickey, sounds like a Weimar Army Luger to me. 6th Division,10th Regiment??? Army and Police shared some of the same acceptance stamps. If it was not drilled for a sear safety, my guess is an Army Gun, serial range shows some in the "b" block as well. Magazine would have been tin or nickle plated sheet steel body with wood bottom (or later replacements of aluminum bottoms) Thor~~~~~

Ted's Luger Strawing Service