LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 10-28-2001, 11:50 PM   #1
carol
New User

Default Help! Anyone know what I have?

I recently came across my fathers Luger pistol and I know nothing about them. Would anyone be able to help? I will try to describe as best I can. The pistol has the following markings on it. The numbers 1920 1917 on the top. Also, the letters byf followed by the number 21. These are all on the top of the pistol. On the left hand side the number 8707 appears along with another number 74. On the opposite side there are four designs in a row which I am unable to describe as they are so small in size to see. I thought that I would try to find a magnifying glass to view them. oh! I just found the word Gesichert under what I would think would be the safty. Any help you might have would be appreciated. Thanks Carol

Unread 10-29-2001, 12:32 AM   #2
Thor
User

Default Re: Help! Anyone know what I have?

You have a WWI Double Date Luger made in 1917 and then restamped in 1920 as Weimar Property and it also has WWII parts in it, as evidenced by the "byf" which is Mauser's code for a late WWII Luger (1941 or 1942) The Luger was probably a reworked WWI Erfurt or DWM Luger (the three symboles on the side can tell that) see the General Information or Technical Information section of this site and look under proof marks or markings. A mismatched Double Date is a shooter and worth anywhere from $250-$550 depending on overall condition of finish and mechanical condition. ~Thor~