LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 02-24-2001, 12:01 AM   #1
Wombat
User

Default WW-2 Eastern Front movie

Well, sorry I missed the test everyone! I already had plans tonight (yeah, I am young). I missed the test in lieu of seeing a film.

I went and saw the movie "Hannibal" tonight. What a great flick. Anyways, here's the best part about it tonight: the Previews.

Not sure if anyone else has seen this preview yet, but I was shocked to see a film of this caliber in the works. The title is, "Enemy at the Gates".

The movie is based around the Eastern Front WW2 area. Soviets vs. Germans obviously. It looks like a "saving private ryan" from the Russian/German perspective! The screen shots were amazing, and is sure to be one awesome movie. The plot is about the true story of the 2 snipers battling it out. I thought you all might want to keep your eyes peeled for this one. lots of German ww2 stuff in it!

I also included a website I found for it. (LINK)

---Wombat

Link to movie details
Unread 02-24-2001, 12:33 AM   #2
Ted
User

Default Re: WW-2 Eastern Front movie

I have been awaiting this one, I have seen the trailer, Ed Harris is very good in it! The some of the freeze frame graphics looked a little phoney but overall, looks to be very interesting. Sorry you missed the old folks test, seems like Frank did too! Sorry for Patrick, I promise to do the next one on a Saturday so you can join in at evening Berlin Time. Bis Spaeter! Herr Gruen!

Unread 02-24-2001, 07:54 AM   #3
Walt J.
User

Might suggest for the best thus far movie to see regarding the Eastern Front, get a copy of "Cross of Iron" with James Coburn. Came out about 20 tears back and wellÃ?Â*worth the time.

Unread 02-24-2001, 12:45 PM   #4
Matt
User

Walt J.,

I agree. "Cross of Iron," released in 1977, was directed by Sam Peckinpah, who directed "The Wild Bunch." It is one of my favorites and is available on DVD from Amazon. It also stars Maximillian Schell who was in "A Bridge Too Far," another great W.W. II movie. Can't wait to see "Enemy at the Gates" Thanks for the info, Wombat. Also, "Pearl Harbor" is scheduled for release Memorial Day weekend. It seems W.W. II movies have made a comeback.

Unread 02-25-2001, 04:06 PM   #5
Milt Keller
User

My nephew works with Lucas Films aka Industrial Light and Magic" in the art dept. He says that "Pearl Harbor is "awesome" Of course if you happend to be one of the fortunate ones there on that "day of Infamy", you might not recognize it.. Anyway,he recommended it highly, a "not to miss" film!