LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-29-2002, 01:22 PM   #1
sidhartha
User

Default .45 Carbine (Reposted)

Could this be the other luger that was tested for the U.S. I have always read that the second one was PROBABLY destoyed. I have always had a problem with that idea. Being a gun enthusiust I hate to see any gun destoyed. Making these guns must have been a labor of love for Mr. Luger. Considering that he personaly overseen their production. I have always found it hard to beleive that he just took it home ad trashed it. Could it be that he had reworked it to his own creative piece.

I saddens me to read this forum and see that because many of you have not seen it in print there for it cannot be. Shame on so many of you like this post of youdon't want to know.

How can we be collectors (historians in a way) and have such closed minds?

Unread 04-29-2002, 01:54 PM   #2
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts
Default Re: .45 Carbine (Reposted)

It would be nice to think this was the other test Luger, but it isn't. According to accounts, serial numbers 1 and 2 were provided for the test. Serial number 2 is the surviving highly publicized piece. Serial number 1 was subjected to extensive abuse during the test, including a rusting process that wouldn't have left it in a very good cosmetic state (true, it could have been refinished later, but I doubt that it would be in the condition shown for this carbine). Also, since serial number 2 did not go back to Germany, it is reasonable to believe number 1 remained behind also. Finally, the serial number on the carbine is not 1. I am sure Ralph will reveal what it is at a later date.

Unread 04-29-2002, 05:06 PM   #3
Ralph E Shattuck

Goog afternoon: What serial No is the 45 in the Museum in LA on Display? The One Harry Jones Found after the Fight with SID Aberman about his "FAKE" 45 Luger. An interesting Story in 1945. Yes its the same one that sold for $1,000000.00. See even the Experts then Could be wrong. You have older Collector's that remember. HISTORY QUESTION: What Town did Sid find the 45 in?. Prize is a FREE PAD ON THE BACK.

Unread 04-29-2002, 05:49 PM   #4
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Default Ralph, I Won't Cheat... ;)

Hello Ralph, I won't cheat since you were kind enough to e-mail me the story...a few days ago...

Another good question would be how much did Sid pay for his .45 cal. luger.

The answer will put all Forum members in shock !!!

Unread 04-29-2002, 06:16 PM   #5
Brandon Metcalf

Default Since you know Pete, Give me a hint. 8) (EOM)

Unread 04-30-2002, 12:15 AM   #6
HerrGeorgLuger

Guten Morgen, Kamaraden !

Das ist been zwein years that Ich been looking at your Der Lugerforum websitesche!

Apgemacht!

Liebe Herr,

Georgie.

Unread 04-30-2002, 07:57 PM   #7
schwob
RIP

Default Re: .45 Carbine (Reposted), antwort/answer

This Old Geo must be from the mountains, very high up.