LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-28-2002, 01:22 AM   #1
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,281 Times in 423 Posts
Default Gun Show report--Portland

Land o' Lugers. Quite a few singletons on various tables--a 1900 Commercial ($3k) and 1900 American Eagle ($1.7k) which seem to always show up and never sell; a 1939 Dutch Mauser ("Rust" safety) way overpriced for its condition ($3k?...iirc); a 1929 Commercial in good shape, decently priced at $695.

A byf 41 and an S/42 no-date, both in good shape but shooter condition (not refinished), attractively priced at $395 and $425 respectively (they both sold during the day). A 42 41-date refinish at $799; a 1913/1920 double-date Police (sear-ssafety present) with an unfortunately marred side-plate at $500, and a 1900 Commercial at $2k. Also an Erma .22 carbine, in box, at $500.

Jerry Kramer (who I met and had a long talk with) was there with a selection of about eight Lugers, top-of-the-line quality at top-line prices--included a 1900 Test Eagle, 1906 Portuguese Army, a Swiss Cross-in-Sunburst (which I don't remember the details of); details of his other guns escape me right now (he had a drum magazine on his table). Oh, except for the really cherry (script)S/42 K date, displayed along with its page in "Lugers At Random".

Also present was russ, from our esteemed company. He had a range of guns, from a couple of shooters through a sanitized Bulgarian and a decent, basic 1917 DWM Artillery, to a really nice 1906 American Eagle; also had a drum magazine. I spent quite a bit of time with him through the day; his generosity and hospitality deserve to be remarked.

The show wasn't so fruitful for other interesting guns, there were a few P-38/P-1s in the mid $300s,and a byf-44 for $595. There was also a Steyer-Hahn with all the blue stripped off it for $300, and the only Broomhandle in sight was a large-frame priced at $325, and probably worth that (otoh, I have seen broomhandles around Portland lately in worse shape for more money, so who knows...)

All in all, a fairly interesting show.

--Dwight

Unread 04-29-2002, 09:51 AM   #2
Russ
User

Default Re: Gun Show report--Portland

Dwight the plesure was all mine.. thanks russ