LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 10-27-2001, 05:59 PM   #1
Ron HAMPTON

Default SIAM HOLSTER INFO NEEDED

Ralph Shattuck suggested I ask for your help.

Several weeks ago I obtained a 4" 1936 Mauser Banner Siam Contract. The gun is like me old & tired with pitting under grips but all correct numbers - but the barrel is mint. I was in Thailand with the UN 1974/76 & heard about the Lugers but never saw one there.

I need to know what holsters did the Thai Police use. They received 350 4" & 100 8" models in 1936/37. If the Germans also supply the holsters for the 4" were they military or police style and were they commercial made or the military or police marked type?

I also need grips. Mine match the gun with no problem but the wood under the screw is worn so that they are loose. Do you have any used grips which will meet my need or any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ron

Unread 10-27-2001, 11:32 PM   #2
Tracy

Default Re: SIAM HOLSTER INFO NEEDED

Ron Welcome. Sometime back there was a solution listed for loose grips. Try to pick up some small Neoprene washers forget size now and place over the grip screws that will take up the wear space between the Grip and Screw head. You may want to do a search of articlea for the past three moths pertaining to washers. Can't help you with Holsters. I helped put in a Radar Station for the Thai Air Force on Doi Inthanon back in early 76.

Unread 10-27-2001, 11:47 PM   #3
Tracy

Size of washer is #5 measuring 3/8"x1/4"x1/16 I did search for last four months as Neoprene Washer got hit for message on 07/13/01, however most messages refer to it as O ring in the thread, you can read about some problem you might encounter.

Unread 10-28-2001, 12:01 AM   #4
Viggo G Dereng

Thanks to Tracy I remember the solution .

Small"O" Ring, 3/16" ID with smallest Rubber diameter available . (Very small Rubber diameter, Preferably less than 1/16")

Obtain at most any Auto Parts Distributor ( NAPA, AUTO ZONE, or the like .)Probably $.25 or so each.

Until you find these try Wrapping 1 or 2 turns of a small rubber band around the screw before screwing it down snug, then with a razor blade or similar blade cut off excess and tighten the screw. Experiment to find what works best.

ViggoG

Unread 10-28-2001, 11:15 AM   #5
Ron HAMPTON

Tracy,

Thanks for the come back. I was there with the UN in 74/76 lived in Bangkok but worked up north and went up on Doi Inthanon when you were building it. I worked in opium & heroin with the addicts both in BKK & the hilltribes on the doi. It's a great country been back some 12-14 times since.

Again,thanks,

Ron

Unread 10-28-2001, 11:17 AM   #6
Ron HAMPTON

Viggo,

Thanks for the idea. I will try.

Ron