LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 02-25-2001, 06:30 AM   #1
Patrick
User

Default Ted�´s Test #2 - Re: Excuses

Well, here�´s my excuses.... got up just about in time at 5 am, groped around for the start button on my Mac but couldn�´t get any joy as the left hand list just appeared black (almost like old times). Tried it all again - no luck, but got in eventually at about 5:15 local time AND IT WAS ALL OVER!!! People tell me that it�´s because they change Central European Time somehow for summer and winter (fiendishly clever, these Continentals). Ever since the Tower of Babel collapsed, I�´ve been wary of international verbal contact. That�´s why I went straight back to bed after I read John Sabato�´s message. I couldn�´t face having to look through the literature for that bomb mark although I could have answered that it was issued to the Royal Fusiliers in 1924. Patrick

Unread 02-25-2001, 07:35 AM   #2
Marvin
User

Default Re: Ted�´s Test #2 - Re: Excuses

Patrick,

Ted and I talked yesterday and we need to get some type system that is a little more fool-proof for the next test. Since Dok and I are now out for the next one. Maybe we can come up with a good test, let Ted play this time, and make sure that you have an equal chance to play.

Marvin

Unread 02-25-2001, 12:37 PM   #3
Hugh
RIP

Patick is getting very inovative with his excuses, now it is the Tower of Babel's fault that he was too lazy to get up that early!

Unread 02-25-2001, 01:45 PM   #4
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Hugh, what's wrong about blaming the Tower of Babel when something goes wrong? My wife always blames me and I have to blame something. It may as well be the Tower of Babel, I do it all the time !!!

Unread 02-25-2001, 04:23 PM   #5
Patrick
User

I still think John S. and I were quite inventive - and have therefore earned a special (booby) prize.Patrick

Unread 02-25-2001, 04:25 PM   #6
Ted
User

Default Re: Test #3 ?????

BTW Patrick, are you guys still planning on another test! I would love to play along as a participant so I can experience the player angle. Do it at 3 am US time and NONE of us can answer anything! lol Ted

Unread 02-26-2001, 12:19 AM   #7
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Re: Test #3 !!!

Will be in March. I have sent Dok the unpopulated test HTML page and when he thinks it is ready he will send it back and I will put the questions into it. It will be similar to the format for posting a message. You will click on radio buttons for multiple choice answers and there will be text fields for the non-choce questions. When you are done you will push a submit button which will email the results to me.

This format will most likely be re-usable for futurre quizzes. All you will need is the blank format and you can populate it yourself and perhaps Dok & John D. can make some arrangements so that the person conducting the test can FTP the page to the appropriate place on the forum server and then announce it's presence on the forum.

I think this will work out fine... Should take place in Mid March.

Unread 02-26-2001, 04:00 AM   #8
Patrick
User

Default Re: Test #3 ?????

I suppose that 3 am US time would be about perfect for me. Is there a standard single US time? Patrick

Unread 02-26-2001, 10:30 AM   #9
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Re: Test #3 !!!

Hi John and all....

John is exactly correct about how future quizzes could work - an "on-line" form that you can simply click on the correct answers (multiple guess" or when you are finished writing in your answers - that you just click on the SUBMIT button. Your answers would be automatically e-mailed to whoever is running the exam. For that, you could also have pictures as part of the exam (pretty kewl, huh Ted?? ...

Anyway - either Dok or I can help whoever it putting these together - so just ask..!!