LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-18-2017, 03:57 PM   #1
4 Scale
User

Default Sear plunger pin and S-link pin removal

I recently attempted to 100% detail strip a 1938 Mauser 'shooter', just for the fun of it. Youtube disassembly videos give a good overview of how to do it although the ones I viewed leave off removal of some pins. I was able to get the pistol and toggle apart, except for the sear plunger and S-link. I found the pins holding those to be very tight.

After unsuccessfully trying to remove those pins using a punch and mallet, I decided to try my drill press. It worked and I wanted to share the technique.

I found a very small drill bit in my parts box that fit the pin face, and chucked it into my drill press upside down. Sorry I don't have the exact drill bit size, I just made a visual fit of the bit face to the pin. I placed a block of wood under the sear assembly. I found I had to tightly chuck the bit into the drill press or I could not budge the sear plunger pin. But, on about the third try I had things tight enough and pushed the pin out.

There is a hole in the wood block to receive the pin. This photo was taken right before I pushed the pin out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0484.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	63595  

4 Scale is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 8 members says Thank You to 4 Scale for your post: