LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Unread 01-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,426 Posts
Default I need a favor..Jerry Burney

Ellie has pretty much said it all but I want to ask you a personal favor. Take the 5 minutes it takes to read this...I want to help a good Friend, John Dunkle, to funnel a few dollars to his orphanage in Haiti. I don't give to most charities because I think the money is wasted on fatcats. 100% of any money you give goes directly to John's orphanage for bandages or food. I am sending this to one thousand select Friends or clients. Do me a GREAT FAVOR..click on To help - please visit http://rennwish.org Give $5.00 or $10.00 or more if you can. It will make a big difference to those who are laying in the street with crushed limbs.
I would appreciate it. Thanks...I do appreciate your trust & confidence.

Jerry & Ellie

Dear FAMILY & FRIENDS,

Rarely do I ask for something and never for donations for causes. But, this one is linked to my heart through the Luger Forum which Jerry is a Lifetime Luger Forum patron & moderator for the holsters division. Please take the time to read. We are not asking much – but what little is given will go a LONG way, and DIRECTLY for a GREAT cause.

The following is taken from John Dunkle’s note to the Forum members with my notes added, as we were all concerned if John’s Orphanage had been damaged and the children and adults hurt.

Love to all of you,

Ellie & Jerry

Ellie Burney
13320 E. 45th Lane
Yuma, AZ 85367
928 342-7583
719 207-3996 (cell)

magicbelle@earthlink.net
magicbelle@yahoo.com
magicbelle@howard-co.us

Allow your Dreams a place in your prayers & plans.

“The current crisis and disaster has only strengthened our commitment to the same credo - do as much as we possibly can to effect immediate improvement to those children, women, and men who, as I write this - are suffering unimaginable injuries and trauma.

Therefore, after communicating with Fr. Marc Boisvert - we believe, that together - you, Rennwish and Pwoje Espwa - can assist those injured children, women and men who might be otherwise overlooked immediately by the tremendous International Aid effort underway in Port-au-Prince, Petionville, Jacmel and some additional regions

The Goal: Immediate Requirement: $75,000 ($21,000 Medical/Supplies and $54,000 Emergency food/relief).

In the last few days, Rennwish has received exactly $5,042.00 in contributions earmarked for relief, with another $4,550 committed. All of those monies will be released for their intended purpose specified below. The remaining roughly $65,000 we hope to raise in the next few days - and with your help - by gosh - we can and will do it.

Mission - short term: To subsidize the Hospital in Les Cayes, Haiti for emergency medical supplies, food, and basic necessities for its operation and relief of victims. As of today - all those items are depleted. In short, we will buy and distribute Medical supplies for the Les Cayes Hospital, re-stock Pwoje Espwa's medical clinic and provide medicine, food an comfort for many of the injured children, women and men who are strewn throughout the Les Cayes hospital grounds awaiting any relief whatsoever.

The Purpose: All monies will be wired to Fr. Marc Boisvert at Pwoje Espwa directly into Haiti. As well - that is the same orphanage we partnered with to construct one of several planned Technical Schools. I trust Marc and his staff implicitly and since they are "on site" in the Cayes region - represent our partnership locally for this huge effort.

As true to Rennwish's and Pwoje Espwa's legacy - we believe that getting your donations directly into the hands of those most in need sends a powerful message. While we could purchase the items outside of Haiti, pay for packing, pay for shipping, pay for delivery into Haiti and pay more to get them into Les Cayes - that option becomes both cost prohibitive and doesn't allow the emergency supplies to get into the hands that need them most - when they are needed most… Further, it also dilutes your donations with unnecessary packing/shipping/delivery charges. Our intention has always been - and will always be - 100% of what you donate goes to the programs. This program. "Buy a Bandage" is "one of those programs.

"Buy a Bandage"

What is "Buy a Bandage"? It's a Rennwish (a 501C3) partnership with Pwoje Espwa, based in Les Cayes, Haiti, to subsidize the Hospital in Les Cayes, Haiti for emergency medical care, supplies, food, and basic necessities for its operation and relief of earthquake victims. As of today - all those items are depleted.”

To help - please visit http://rennwish.org

Ellie speaking: This link will take you to Rennwish.org - an organization that Jerry & I support through the LUGER FORUM. We have known John Dunkle and his wife, Jen, for many years and through this program he has helped build the infrastructure of this orphanage - Pwoje Espwa. Jerry has helped with many raffles on the Forum to raise money for these purposes.

Also, from this site you can read the Blog which will tell you the personal story of what is happening on a daily basis in Haiti. This is NOT an elusive "where will the money go" - this is personal.

If each of us gives just $10, either through Paypal or credit card, through the Rennwish link, it will add up and help. We have already given $200. And, as Jerry says this is a long term situation - and John & Jen are in it for the long haul.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to lugerholsterrepair for your post:
Unread 01-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
Mike B
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Jerry,
I commend you and Mrs. Burney for your admiral endeavor to help these unfortunate people. I have just made a donation via the site you suggested.

Many thanks and God Bless,

Mike
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
automan1
RIP

Jerry & Ellie,

I have just made a donation to Rennwish as you suggested.

Bill
automan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #4
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Mike, Bill, Many thanks...If even a small percentage of our LugerForum members can give the price of a fast food meal to John's orphanage... I know we can make the lives of those less fortunate bearable, if the misery there IS bearable.
Small children with no parents to depend on must be very alone....I have been very hungry on several occasions in my life and I cannot forget the misery I experienced.

The power of one cannot be underestimated but the power of many is a force to be reckoned with. I know that many of us will respond.

Thanks Mike, Bill.

Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 01-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,591 Times in 930 Posts

Hi Jerry, Thank you for your efforts on behalf of these unfortunate children. I have made a donation to Rennwish. Regards, Norm
Norme is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Norm, You are a Prince! Thanks! One other thing I might mention to those who see this..do not hesitate to send it along to whomever you think might help. Personalize it with your own message and fire it out to those you regularly Email. Every contact, every dollar raised is little to us but big to those we see on TV every night. When you see an image of those hero's who helped... you will see yourself.

Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 01-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
Neil Young
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Mailing out a check for donation this coming Monday--too late for mail today.

Good luck and God speed.

Neil Young
Unread 01-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #8
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Neil, , Bill & Mary..Thanks! I appreciate all you guys put into this. As bad as things are in the U.S. economy I know each time we are asked..it's not a small thing. Your sacrafices will be felt by those who owe you nothing but the kinship of humanity.

Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 01-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts

Jerry, Terry and I sent a donation early last night after seeing the news, most people can afford $20, but if you can afford a $100 or $200 do so.

Ed
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #10
suum cuique
User

Location: MD / Currently about 9000 klicks east of the Potomac
Default Paypal

Jerry,
just made a donation by using PAYPAL,
thanks for your effort,
God bless
Unread 01-16-2010, 08:28 PM   #11
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Ed, Andy..Thanks for being a part of this! Another grain to the larger pile! I sincerly hope the efforts to help these people bring some reliefe. From the comforts of our homes it is not difficult to believe the agony shown on TV. This is why it is so important to give a little.

John spends many thousands on this site we enjoy. Every so often it is our turn to help.

Thanks to all of you who have helped.

Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 01-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #12
Bluff Lake 36
User

Donation made today.
Bluff Lake 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #13
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Bill, Thanks very much. I appreciate it. Many hands make for light work.

Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 01-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #14
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I have had an amazing response to this not only from Forum Members but surprisingly from Family and Friends. I sent this out to everyone in my address book...I have had people I have not heard from in months write in and say they had been looking for a good way to donate. This is it and I have seen them donate many hundreds.

These are people who have never seen the Luger Forum. Or ever will.

I want to ask those of you who will step up..write a little something, copy paste some of what the Orphanage is all about and fire it off to EVERYONE in your address book. You will do your Friends a favor..I tell you they WANT to donate but just don't know a good charity.

Camon fellows, John still needs our help. People/fellow human beings are still hurting and hungry. John and a couple of bucks from you are what will ease their burden.

Many thanks for those who have given already.

Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 01-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #15
guns3545
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Jerry,

Thanks for the referral. Just made a donation.

Lot's of people like me want to help but fear that their money will never reach the needy.

John
guns3545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #16
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

John, Thanks for stepping up! Now we need all active members to consider giving the price of a fast food meal to help John and those who are hurting. If anyone can make good use of our precious dollars in Haiti it is the LugerForum owner, John Dunkle and his orginazation, Rennwish.

I have NOT posted this before, but....

As well - for those who have contributed, a quick update.. I got the first money INTO Les Cayes early this morning - and I'm walking a bit of a tightrope. You see - if I send too much, it won't be distributed, as available money in Cayes from the banks and the wire transfer agencies are in short supply (yes - I mean that..).. When they "run out of money" - they close. So - if we send too much - it won't be distributed. If we send to little, it won't do much at all given the prices of food, medicine and fuel (in fact - you can't buy fuel today)...

Anyway - today, we have our first first small victory for those in Les Cayes. Today, we were able to get some money there, and have started purchasing and distributing medicine and food and those much needed goods will be distributed to:
* - one of the local hospitals;
* - a village that is hosting many refugees from PAP which is now out of food; and
* - and a smaller orphanage outside Les Cayes that is in dire need.

We are fortunate, as many "non-profits" are still struggling to get any money "in country". We have done so - and we will continue to do so.

While it is one small step - we are indeed moving forward.

My thanks to all of you...

John.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 01-19-2010, 10:32 AM   #17
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

It's now the beginning of the week. Many don't visit the Forum on the weekends and now I am hoping this will be read. I know we have many members out there who will donate a small amount. Remember, it takes a lot of us to get together significant money for John's orphanage. Do it right now! Thanks guys.

I have had an amazing response to this not only from Forum Members but surprisingly from Family and Friends. I sent this out to everyone in my address book...I have had people I have not heard from in months write in and say they had been looking for a good way to donate. This is it and I have seen them donate many hundreds.

These are people who have never seen the Luger Forum. Or ever will.

I want to ask those of you who will step up..write a little something, copy paste some of what the Orphanage is all about and fire it off to EVERYONE in your address book. You will do your Friends a favor..I tell you they WANT to donate but just don't know a good charity.

Com'on fellows, John still needs our help. People/fellow human beings are still hurting and hungry. John and a couple of bucks from you are what will ease their burden.

http://www.rennwish.org/

Many thanks for those who have given already.

Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 01-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #18
the gunman
User

Done sunday Jerry
the gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #19
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Richie, Yer a Prince among men! Like John says..every dollar counts. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Jerry

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 01-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #20
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

Jerry, Ill send a donaion on the 1st, To whom do I send it?
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote