LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 12-18-2014, 01:01 AM   #1
Bruce2S
User

Smile My Collection

I'm planning on selling my 3 lugers and a P38 in 2015 . A Mauser S42 1937 ;2 matching # mag . holster Mauser byf 42 with 2 mags holsters . I bought both from Ralph Shattuck in 2004 . And a byf 1941 with2matching mags. holster As best I can tell all three lugers have complete matching #'s to each .Luger. My P38 is a byf with holster but no matching mag , grips are maroon bakerlite . I'm hoping to get some advice from members here . I know I need to take a lot of photos ,for me , it seems that in it self will be a major hurdle . Since I'm in Pompano beach , Fl for the winter I would be willing to meet with a LugerForum member and discuss my options . I know this is rather long I do apologize. I will provide my cell# and email address . thank you and regards to All ...... Bruce 2S
Bruce2S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2014, 01:49 AM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,487 Times in 2,071 Posts

Bruce, not sure what your first posting indicates?

If selling, then please list prices and photos on the for sale section.

Giving a listing of selling in 2015 is an odd tease, for a first posting.

If looking for advice, what info do you need?
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
Bruce2S
User

Default Intent

HI I guess what I'm really saying is that I would like is to be able to meet with someone here in Florida and have them provide me with some guidance about how to sell, ship and photo my collection . I would certainly give them the right of first refusal or buy any or all . I have tried to take photos but after hours it has been a disaster !!!!! regards Bruce 2S
Unread 12-18-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

PM sent.
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2014, 01:23 PM   #5
alvin
User

Taking photo, best in a shadow place outside, no direct sunlight, and not dark. Using a light grey cloth as background being the best. Turn on 'micro' function on the camera, turn off flash, focus on the item, hand not shaking, control breath,,, not very different from shooting a gun

advertisement... write a text description on the item, post pictures of it, along with asking price, shipping and returning condition. Some viewer may ask questions, answer those questions, and post more pictures if requested.

sell... if you're not licensed, better do the shipping step via a licensed dealer. Ask buyer to send his FFL to your transferring dealer. Pay check could go to you or dealer. Dealer charges you a fee on this and dealer will ship the gun to buyer's FFL address. One tricky part of this: (1) don't send the gun out before pay check is cleared (unless you know the buyer well); (2) if buyer decides to cancel buying, don't refund buyer until his pay check is cleared (again, unless you know the buyer well) -- in rare situation, there was low-life person cheating money this way, be aware.

return... no experience. But upon receiving the returned item, check it carefully, make sure it's the same item in the same state that you sent out. Then, write a refund check to buyer.

====

For buying,,,, once I bought a nice Red 9 on auctionarms.com, cheap. The seller behaved a little bit weird -- after auction, he pushed very hard to pay him fast, "best via wire transfer"... but he only cares money, never asks for FFL... that alerts me, checking his feedback, positive, a few A+++ on $2, $3 small items in one month. Very suspicious. I reported to auctionarms, and they replied "Don't pay, the pictures posted were copied from an auction house catalog", and banned the seller.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to alvin for your post:
Unread 12-18-2014, 08:33 PM   #6
Bruce2S
User

HI Alvin , first of Thank you for sharing your experience . The information is appreciated and certainly will help me to make any transactions much easier, and hopefully with out any surprises. regards Bruce2s
Unread 12-18-2014, 08:40 PM   #7
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

Alvin nice job with you clear instructions~ Eric
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2014, 07:37 AM   #8
jamese
User

Bruce,
I live in Stuart and would be willing to meet with you if you want. I can help you take photos or whatever you might need. Over the years I have sold many items to the members of this forum and know a few personally.

Send me a pm and we can make the arrangements
Unread 12-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #9
Bruce2S
User

HI Jamese and thank you for your offer . I'm in Pompano Beach and after the holidays we could chat . my email address is parkscj@optonline .net . If you wish to send me a message . regards Bruce