LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 10-30-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts
Default A conversation with a war hero~

At my Podiatrist office was a Gentleman who wore his wonderful hat graced with prior history and tatoos covered with his marine service. He landed on the sands of Iwa Jima on the second day. He brought back a sword that he still owns in memory of all those who lost their lives. His name was called but I'm going to get his numbers and try to hook up! Recently It was our familys' hundredth birthday of our great Grandfather Jules Columbo and fought under Pattons' generals to take Sicily, Milan and Italys surrender! And 32 years on N.Y Fire Department. We are loosing them daily! The veteran I had to approach him with a proud smile ands his hand!Shake Their Hand! Their stories are priceless! He was part of the second wave at Iha Jima. His lasting memory was red and black sand! Please share the good part. Your valient memories and service is far more important to let slip away. That is why I also collect army/airforce uniforms. Below is grandpa Columbo. with our local Foreign Legion representatives and presented an Award For Service! A common salute brought tears to my eyes~I attached Debby, my wife signing "Happy Birthday Mister President"!! By the end they were both laughing and hugs! It really felt good~ Eric
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PARTY 042.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	69587  

Click image for larger version

Name:	PARTY 059.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	69589  

cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote