LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 08-28-2001, 11:05 PM   #1
dobk

Default Swiss Luger Safety Marking

Received the Swiss Bern (serial # 279xx)I posted pic of recently. Noticed that the metal beneath the safety lever when it is in off position is polished bright. Cannot see it when safety is off (neatly shaped like the safety). Did the Swiss do this so that a shooter could tell at a glance if safety was on in the absence of any frame markings?

Also all parts matched but looks like sideplate, trigger, and grip safety might be renumbered (a 0 shows behind the 9 on each part, maybe done during arsenal refurbish?) and sideplate exhibits a little movement (though trigger pull is outstanding). Anybody noticed these facts about their Swiss?

Thanks.

Unread 08-28-2001, 11:39 PM   #2
tom h

Default Re: Swiss Luger Safety Marking

Since the Swiss lugers were of the grip safey type, the polish are below the lever indicates on safe if showing. This was the same method that DWM used on most of their grip safety pistols.

Unread 08-29-2001, 08:12 PM   #3
lawrence fredrick klang

Default Re: Swiss Luger Safety Marking

i just got my luger and have been trying to find out about it. the guys on this message board have been a great help.the word "geschert" is stamped where the safety is on my weapon. i assume that this means safety, right? thanks. lawrence