LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 08-27-2001, 10:10 PM   #1
lawrence fredrick klang

Default 1918 luger

hello mr. peppers,

thanks again for your help about the luger my uncle had.with your help i found that my luger was stamped with the german military receiver proof found on the dwm lugers produced from 1914-1918 and what i thought was the owners initials was the initials of the deutsche waffen und munititionsfabriken. and all the numbers 21 on the weapon were just part of it's serial number.

it seems that other than being in fine condition, there is nothing special about it as a luger. however, it sure is a fine piece of work, so i think i will try to take it down and clean it up. i would like to take it to a range and fire it or maybe off the back porch into the river. i live in oregon at a place where a man can still piss off the back porch, so i guess the gun will be ok too. is there anything else i can do to find out about the history of this weapon. i remember hearing that sometimes these german arms can be traced to the owner and where he lost it. is that possible? if so do you know how i can get started.i know a little about the story from my uncle's side, so maybe it actually could be done.thanks again. larry

Unread 08-27-2001, 10:51 PM   #2
Johnny Peppers
User

Default Re: 1918 luger

There is a lot of information available on the Luger pistol, it's history and development, but none that I know of on individual weapons. Some of the weapons have unit markings which gives a clue to their assignment at one time during their history, but not much more than that.