LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 08-26-2001, 09:56 AM   #1
Johnny Peppers
User

Default WWI Luger

Yesterday I drove down to the Shreveport, Louisiana gun show just to have something to do. Did not see anything interesting, but a young man brought in a WWI DWM that he had recently purchased. It was an all matching DWM in about 90% condition with the exception of the top of the chamber. Someone had neatly removed the date from the chamber, and left it in the white. It had apparently been done some time back as the area was starting to show age, but no one had tried to cover it up, even with cold blue.

Did not go by the Norton Gallery to see the .45 Luger, but my wife did go by to see the fantastic collection of Remington and Russell paintings and bronzes.

Unread 08-26-2001, 06:10 PM   #2
Joe
User

Default Re: WWI Luger

What a loss. Why would anyone want to remove this weapon's chamber date?

Unread 08-27-2001, 10:32 AM   #3
tom h

Default Re: WWI Luger

I recently recieved 10 Russian reworks of WW2 Mauser PO8s all with chamber dates removed and original center toggle links replace with renumbered DWM links. The only reason that I can imagine, is to make them saleable on the German market, that has a lot of restrictions on Nazi era items. All good functioning shooters @$450 each. See my SHOOTER UPDATE in the classified. Tom