LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Announcements & Help > Site Technical Help or Site Feedback

Unread 09-06-2003, 03:29 AM   #1
Alvaro
User

Post Rust Prevention link not working

The link to the Rust Prevention article in "General Information" does not seem to be working; can it be repaired??
Alvaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2003, 02:56 AM   #2
stymie
User

Hola Alvaro...
If I remember correctly, that link has been dead for over a month. The article compared the cleaning, lubrication & rust inhibiting properties of some of the more popular CLPS on the market for firearms. EEZOX was shown to be the best product overall, especially with regard to rust prevention.
I've used it exclusively for 15 years now with excellent results! Nothing is better!
Unread 09-07-2003, 05:16 AM   #3
Luke
User

I must confess that I haven't looked at that information on the board in about 2 years, but I seem to remember the conclusion was that "Break Free CLP" was the overall winner in the discussion.

Was there a later review of rust prevention which indicated that EEZOX was better than BreakFree CLP?

As a matter of interest, I did a search on the current board and found the following post:

Dear Orv,
"Gun Tests" magazine had an article in the 6/94 issue on rust-prevention. In a test wherein iron strips were left out in the rain and also left out for eight cycles of high/low-tide soakings in the ocean, the top performer was CRC Marine Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor, No. 06026. Outers Metal Seal, Boeshield T-9, Specialty Marine Coatings Pro-Met, Hoppe's Gun Grease, Cortec VCI-368 and Northwest Anti-Corrosion A-120 were all rated excellent.

Interestingly EEZOX Premium Gun Care was only rated as "fair" and not recommended as a rust-preventative. I don't know whether EEZOX has been reformulated since then.

Regards,
Jack

Also: There is an interesting string initiated on 10/21/2002 by Orvis25, Member #229, on the subject. Several opinions were given there.

Luke
Unread 09-08-2003, 09:55 AM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Sorry guys but the article in question is no longer on the site where we had provided a link. If anyone has a soft (electronic) copy of this article please provide it to me via the Lugerforum@yahoo.com address and I will try to make arrangements to post it on our site.

thanks,

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2003, 09:20 AM   #5
Dok
RIP

Exclamation

'Twas I who originally contacted the author of this article and sought permission to copy the pages to our site. Unfortunately he refused but referred me to The Gun Zone, who kindly allowed us to link to their pages....

I knew in time this would happen, and I had it on my "to do list" to just copy the pages anyway, so that when someday the article went away we would still have them, but unfortunately I never actually got around to that...

Too bad, because it was an EXCELLENT article,

Dok

http://www.centercustomcases.com/
Dok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2003, 10:28 PM   #6
Johnny C. Kitchens
User

Cool

Here's another rust preventative list. It might be a bit biased, but it does give you something to think about... Rust Preventative Chart...