LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Krieghoff Lugers

Unread 11-17-2005, 01:28 AM   #1
hqbmw
User

Default P code

I was fortunate to have an HK P-code #59 commercial offered to me yesterday. Needless to say, an opportunity such as this doesn't come up often, so it is the star (just like the one on the right side) of my collection.

After sharing it with Jerry Burney on Friday, I will try to post pictures to share it with all. It has 2 matching magazines and also a matching # complete slide in 9mm with a 4 inch barrel.

It is as mint as I have seen in any Luger, and is reported by the previous owner, and appears to my untrained eye, as all original. I am looking forward. to Jerry's opinions and observations.

Jack Hiles
Mesa AZ
480 219 6676
hqbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2005, 10:34 AM   #2
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hi Jack..!

CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to see the pictures and a short description..! Outstanding find...

And oh - welcome to the "HK addiction!" !!

John D.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 04:47 PM   #3
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,087 Times in 1,423 Posts

John, I was able to see this outstanding weapon and hold it for several hours. I have never before seen a more mint pistol nevertheless a Krieghoff.
This one came with a 4" barrel canon and a 6" to match, all #59. The 4" is in 9MM with a fluted fireing pin,no serial. The 6"is .30 Luger and not fluted.
Just as Jack was packing up I noticed the 4" canon had been drilled and filled for a Police sear safety. Hard to say if one had ever been installed but the holes were there and filled.
The one Haenel Schmeisser mag had a Police Eagle on the bottom. It has two matching mags. The longer 6" canon assembly was not modified with holes for a sear safety.
This pistol would easily grade out at 100%. It has been fired but not more than a handfull of rounds. Both barrels are absolutely pristine. The muzzles are both in the white. The 4" has an S stamped on the front of the sight, the 6" has more height and no S or any other stamp.
It has beautiful unmarked deep brown bakalite grips. All 4 holes are threaded, no markings. Small border around edges.
It is a P marked pistol, the .30 has a star on the right reciever.The 4" has a Wa466 I think.
No chamber marking. Short sword and tiny Krieghoff Suhl print on both toggles.
Beautiful fit and finish, must be a rust blue. The straw is gorgeous.
Commercial N markings. This pistol would be the crown jewel in any collectors list of prizes....
We both had a question about the serial #59. Would this be a commercial # or would it have been pulled from the Military contract? How would it have been given this #?
I am hoping Jack can post some nice photo's of this....It is deffinately worth a looik for those who are interested in these pistols. Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2005, 09:18 PM   #4
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hi Jerry!

It almost sounds like a post-war? The "star" is absolutely correct "rejected Military", but the dual-cannons have me wondering of the timeframe it was brought out of the factory? Also - I'd really like to see the die stamps of the toggle(s)....

As for the final designation - when you ask if it was designated for commercial or pulled from the Military, it sounds like a commercial, rather than a re-seriialized Military variation (the "star" rejecction)....

I'd love to see photos to be able to get more specific!!

My thanks!!!

John D.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 01:22 AM   #5
hqbmw
User

John,

I believe Jerry and I will get together after I return from Punxsutawney for Thanksgiving at the family farm. we will try to put together a photo essay to mimmick the essay you did for T. A. I am blessed to have Jerry and his wife close enough to help in the documentation of this beauty, (and to enjoy their company as well.)

A Happy and safe Thanksgiving to ALL the Forum and their families.

Jack Hiles
Mesa, AZ