LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Unread 03-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
newluger
User

Default 1916 Artillery

I'm looking at a 1916 DMW artillery. It's all matching numbers except the magazine. As I mentioned, it's all matching including the grips, and they are in fairly decent condition-no million dollar chip. I have attemped to include photos. There is a fair amount of corosion or pitting on most of the gun. Everything matches, except there are no numbers on the firing pin and the ejector receiver axel. The gun has been in a private collection for over 50 years, and the collector was buying bring backs from widows. There are no papers with this gun. The bore is in fair condition-I've seen better. The seller is asking for $2K My gut tells me with the pitting and all, it's only worth $1200 to $1600 Max. I'm sure Ted can refinish it, but then it would only then be a good looking shooter. Your comments are very welcome.

Peter
newluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
lugersrkewl
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

its a poor finish mismatch arty, buy a good condition regular length barreled gun and have luger doc put a 6 inch barrel on it for under 1000. This ones already a shooter with the pitting and un numbered parts. If it was a navy I could see maybe 1000-1200 top dollar ( what I would give , I dont need lugers I just like them) if pitting wasnt horrible
lugersrkewl is offline   Reply With Quote