LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 11-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default I'm glad I live in the USA......

Hmmm.....???

I'll let you all draw your own conclusions - but in reading the article below, it makes me wonder about firearms "laws" abroad - and the "average IQ" of any journalist. In this case, the "journalist" is based in the UK... And the "story" deserved top-billing... (In spite of the fact - it took police well over an hour to respond to this "lethal" incident...).

I did enjoy this comment.. ."...with enough gunpowder for it to fire itself"...

LINK TO ARTICLE<----

Quote:
(paraphrased for highlights)
Bullet found in doorway
By David Williams

LETHAL: The .22 calibre bullet found in Walthamstow High Street on a market day morning (D6W1001) LIVE ammunition has been found lying in the doorway of a busy high street shop.

The .22 calibre short round bullet was found at the entrance of the 99p Stores in Walthamstow High Street on Wednesday morning, November 1.

Haroon Khan, who has a firearms licence and is a member of a local gun club, was alarmed to discover live ammunition in a Walthamstow doorway.

The bullet, of Swiss origin, was still in its brass casing, complete with enough gunpowder for it to fire itself.

Mr Khan said that if it had been struck hard enough or exposed to heat it could have gone off.

"This sort of thing should not be lying around. It was live, primed and active," he said. "But rather me pick it up than a little kid.

"How can you feel safe when you are finding things like this on the street?

"To get hold of one of these is not easy. You have to go through a scrutinised search, you need a licence and you have to belong to a club."........The bullet has been examined at a Metropolitan Police laboratory and details about it kept for future reference.

A police spokesman said: "Recovering firearms and ammunition is a priority for the police. We take the same view of ammunition as we do of a gun.

"If it goes bang....."

Police are treating the unattended ammunition as a crime. Mr Khan alerted them at 10.16am, and they arrived at his shop to pick up the bullet at 11.32am
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,915 Times in 1,192 Posts

Hahahahahaha. Jeez.

I wonder what detailed lab examination will yield?
That a .22 round can easily get stuck in the profile of your shoe?

When I disassemble .22lr duds at the club, I usually wear my kevlar crotch protection after I build a wall of sandbags. Of course I alert the local authorities so they can evacuate anything living within a 5 mile radius.

Just in case it goes pfffrt.

Ya have to be careful around these.....
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote