LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Krieghoff Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-24-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
Matt J
User

Default # 3068

I posted in the new collectors area the other day as I decided to find out a bit more about the Luger my grandad left me/my dad when he died, I didnt know he had one at all and my dad seems to remember it briefly from when he was young (say early to mid 50's) but hadnt seen or heard of it till he found it after clearing my grandads house.

It has been stored in grease and wrapped in a cloth rag for the past 50 years or so, I decided to get it out and take some decent pics after a couple of failed efforts with my phone, I also took off the slide and cleaned it up a bit and gave it a good going over with some gun oil I have, managing to avoid the grips (cheers Terry). The only negatives I could spot as someone new to these guns, is the missing screw from the bottom of the grip and the non matched magazine, obviously the trained eye can probably spot other details that I overlooked.

Unfortunately due to my location I cant keep it, so hopefully I will be allowed, by the powers that be, to sell it on to a collector where it can be legally owned.

If anyone could give me any details about from these pics I'd be intrested also a rough estimate of value would be handy as well, there is also a holster with it but I dont think its Luger specific, just looks like a green webbing holster with a barrel cleaner inside.

Thanks for looking, and if anyone is intrested in better pics please contact me, these dont do it justice and are all re-sized to 25%, the full res pics give better detail than the naked eye!!

Matt J is offline   Reply With Quote