LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Unread 02-17-2018, 09:15 PM   #21
t.bone
User

My mistake Gesichert is only stamped be the safety lever .Gfladen is stamped on both sides of the loaded cartridge indicator
T.Bone
t.bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2018, 11:53 PM   #22
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,281 Times in 423 Posts

Sorry, I meant GELADEN (brain lockup...).

The barrelled receiver is from a Dutch Luger made between 1912 and 1914. This can be known by the left-side crown-W inspection mark signifying Dutch Queen Wilhelmina. This Dutch pistol was placed into service (or the barrel was armory-replaced) in 1928, denoted by the date atop the barrel. GELADEN stamped on both sides of the extractor is a characteristic unique to Dutch Lugers.

The breechblock serial number is found on the left side of the breechblock, hidden by the receiver extension rail. Check for a number stamped on the bottom of the recoil stop lug (under the receiver). If (as I suspect) these are both sn 81, this indicates the entire upper part of the pistol is a matching Dutch Luger assembly. The center toggle number is stamped over the sn of a different part, a common occurrance resulting from the armory repairs necessary to keep these guns operational during their time in service.

The sear bar replacement would have been necessary as part of the conversion process from a grip safety pistol, but not part of any service-related change.

The Mauser P08 frame was made some time between mid-1937 and 1941, denoted by the characteristic Mauser "hump" at the back of the frame and the absence of a P08 stamp on the left frame panel.

It is possible that the seller of your plastic grips may have unknowingly sent you something fairly valuable (or then again, maybe not...) Photos of the back sides of the grip plates will help making this determination.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 members says Thank You to Dwight Gruber for your post:
Unread 02-20-2018, 05:23 PM   #23
t.bone
User

Range day went well toggle failed to lock up with the magazine that came with the pistol I tried the Mec gar magazine and had no problem with feed ejection or lock up I used 115 grain Winchester white box
T.Bone
t.bone is offline   Reply With Quote