LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Navy Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
checkfeo
User

Default Refinished Navy

Ok, so last month I posted some pictures of my 1908 Navy Luger. After thinking about it, I decided to send it out for restoration. It had been re-blued sometime in it’s past, the grips were oil soaked and wouldn’t clean up, and all the parts that should have been straw color were blued along with the rest of it. Since it wasn’t a, “Never messed with, Real Collector” item anymore, I figured I would just keep it and have it refinished.

I contacted Ted Green (Thor) about doing the job and he said he could fit it into his schedule. 30 days later I now have it back. You have got to see this man’s work. Unfortunately the pictures just don’t do his work justice. All the rust, pits and scratches were removed, both inside and out. The rust blue is a very dark uniform black matt finish, as the original was, with fire blue highlights on the axel pins and bar spring. Take down, trigger, mag release, safety and ejector are golden straw. Inside rails and ears are in the white. I’m sure this Navy didn’t look any better the day it came from the factory. All serial numbers and proofs are legible and there is no rounding on any surface. Ted’s work is in a class of its own and I highly recommend him to anyone thinking of restoration work. Thank you again, Ted.

The Navy mag wood bottom was made and installed by GT (Gerald Tomek). It’s done with French Walnut and has the most wonderful looking grain running through it I have ever seen. Gerald has worked on several mags for me and his work is above first class.

The Navy board stock, holster, rig and Navy rod, comes from CMR over in England. Very nice reproductions; Expensive, but far less than the real thing. The board is Walnut, has very nice looking grain and finish. (Brass disk with crown over M on it and a C/M in the wood itself) Blued metal attachment with a straw lock lever. The rod is brass with a wood handle, hard to tell it from the real thing, except its new.

All up, I think I’m into this for about $2700.00. That includes giving the last owner another $300 for the Navy itself. For me, priceless. Norm, update your database to “refinished.”
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2166.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	25801  

Name:	IMG_2167.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	25802